View Full Version : Internet via BT iPAQ 2210

dellganchua
09-01-2003, 02:24 PM
I've just bought an iPAQ 2210 and i am very pleased with it. but im having a problem connecting to the internet using bluetooth (and i'm not really sure if it's possible, too).

anyway, could anyone please help? im connected to the internet via DSL. so i was thinking of connecting my iPAQ to this computer via bluetooth to connect to the net. is it possible? and how do i actually do it?

my bluetooth works fine. i could transfer files, activesync, etc. via bluetooth. but i can't make a network connection with my PC to be able to use the net.

SCENARIO: using the bluetooth manager, i chose the type of connection: Connect to the Internet (through a network access point... or to another connected Bluetooth device), but an error message occurs stating that the computer does not provide that service.

so is the problem on Computer bluetooth settings? hope i was able to give enough information bout my problem. thanks for the help...

freitasm
09-01-2003, 08:56 PM
What Bluetooth dongle you have on your computer? If it's a 3COM this will not work.

If it's not a 3COM, do you have the services enabled?

Have a look in our Bluetooth Guides on Geekzone, follow the guide for the H5450 (same BT interface as H2210).