View Full Version : Skins in WMP9-WM2003

maikii
08-31-2003, 03:58 PM
I am using an IPAQ 2210 with WM2003, WMP9, etc.

Is there a way to use skins with WMP9 for PPC? Actually, I see how to choose skins in it, but I don't know how to correctly transfer skins.

I copied (using Activesync) skins from the desktop computer (.wmz extension) to the PPC. One would think that Activesync would do the correct conversion. But no, those files do not show up on the PPC, when from WMP9 one uses the "choose skin" command.

So, seeing that the extension for skins on the PPC is .skn, I changed the extension on those skin files from .wmz to .skn. Still didn't work, WMP9 on the PPC didn't recognize them as skins.

I then downloaded a program on the Microsoft mobile site called "Skin chooser", and installed it. (It's pretty old though, dating from 2000.) I executed it, and it seems to do the same as the built-in skin chooser in WMP9. (Perhaps in the version of 2000, that capability was not built-in yet.) It opened a dialogue box to "choose skin", but the only one available was the default--default.skn, and none of those I had copied from the desktop.

How to get skins to work with WMP9 in PPC2003?

Steven Cedrone
08-31-2003, 06:04 PM
Well, if you downloaded some skins, do this:

Browse to your device, go to: \Program Files\Windows Media Player

In that directory, create a seperate directory for each skin.

Copy the skins files from your PC to the directory you created(.skn, .bmp, .jpg files)

Next open WMP, go to tools, settings, skin chooser. Hit the left or right arrows, you should see your skins...

Steve

jasondearyou
09-01-2003, 03:03 AM
I created a new directory in the windows media where the default was and I paste the skins from my pc into that directory and they were .wmz, however when I opened the player and went to skins, there was nothing to select.
It seemed a little frustrating. Do I have to separately break those files down?
Please help.