View Full Version : Pocket Hotmail

Fzara
08-31-2003, 09:06 AM
Has anyone gotten this program to work?

I have it installed on my PPC, and I am able to receive Hotmail email just fine, but when I try to compose and have it sit in my Outbox, and then press the "send/receive" button, it freezes up on me and displays the message for more than 5 minutes "Sending message 1/1."

I don't understand why exactly i'm receiving this problem. After all, I am sending a one word subject, and one line email to my other account.

I have "Hotmail" typed in for Incoming and Outgoing servers, and my domain is specified as "Hotmail". Any help would be appreciated.

dean_shan
08-31-2003, 09:22 AM
Are you using PPC2K3. I heard that it doesn't work with windows mobile. I have hand no problems using it on my e740.

Fzara
08-31-2003, 05:41 PM
It seems like I forgot to mention that. :oops:

I'm using Pocket PC 2002.

jimski
08-31-2003, 06:04 PM
Check your password settings. I believe you can receive mail with an incorrect/missing password, but cannot send mail without being properly authenticated. At least that's the case with my Hotmail and POP3 accounts.

dscammell
09-01-2003, 12:30 AM
I've succfessfully used Pocket Hotmail on an iPAQ 3650 (2000) and on an iPAQ 3955 (2002). I have used it via ActiveSync, via Wireless (OmniSky) and via Dialup using a Targus CompactFlash Modem.

It strips out HTML but then includes it as an attachment. When I open the HTML in PIE, it looks great.

The only problem I have is that I cannot view attachments. However, I have been in contact with the author and I have forwarded him samples to test. Therefore, if you have any problems, just email him and he'll happily work with you!

I hope this helps! 8)

PR.
09-01-2003, 12:53 AM
I bought it and never got it to work :(

easylife
09-01-2003, 01:28 AM
I believe you can receive mail with an incorrect/missing password
What?!?!?!? :evil: Seriously? If it's true, this is a MAJOR loophole and people can read my mail! :evil: Please give more details! Does this affect only Hotmail or any POP3 account? :?

maximus
09-01-2003, 01:56 AM
I have it installed on my PPC, and I am able to receive Hotmail email just fine, but when I try to compose and have it sit in my Outbox, and then press the "send/receive" button, it freezes up on me and displays the message for more than 5 minutes "Sending message 1/1."

What is your connection type ? wifi, GPRS, IR, etc. ?

Some POP3 servers are configured to require authentication on outgoing mail. Make sure you have checked the tick box on that particular item.

Hope that help.

gunner6666
09-02-2003, 08:40 PM
I heard that it doesn't work with windows mobile.
that is true it doesnt work

JustinGTP
09-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Why would you buy "hotmail"?

If you have Outlook on your PPC, Windows 2003, you can set up your account to recieve hotmail, and POP3. I have POP 3 set up on there, but I disabled my hotmail because of too many junk emails. To access hotmail on my PPC, I go to the website! http://www.hotmail.com, right on the PPC!That works fine for me!

-Justin.

dean_shan
09-03-2003, 01:37 AM
I bought Hotmail because it is fast and easier to just turn on the wifi and use inbox to check it. Also you can download the emails to your PPC. Also you can send attchments with Hotmail. When ever I use Hotmail (web version) on my PPC I cannot add attachments.