View Full Version : Quick and Easy Soft Resets?

bjchantry
08-30-2003, 06:57 PM
Any suggestions for this? I have my Qtek in the Proporta Aluminum hard case and it is a pain to have to remove it to do a simple soft reset. I have seen several small apps. at Handango, but just looking for any recommendations. Thanks in advance. :D

mr_Ray
08-30-2003, 07:08 PM
PHM powertoys (free) has a reset command that you can add to your start menu or to a today plug-in. Worked fine for me.

Of course, that does you no good at all if you're having to reset 'cos the things' frozen up. :D

dh
08-30-2003, 08:02 PM
Similar deal with the Program Bar app that comes with Battery Pack. I have an icon that performs a soft reset. (It gives a warning first of course!)

Jereboam
08-31-2003, 12:14 AM
A nice shutdown app that mimics XP's dialog comes with NiceStart, which isn't free but worth having...especially if you a 5000 series, as it supports the biometric security. You can have a peek at their site, www.trancreative.com - I recommend their conversion utility, MX Convert, too.

A free one can be found here -

http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/shutdownwindowsxpstyle.shtml

Looks nice, reviewed well, although as above, I use another one. Price is good tho.... ;)

Enjoy. J

bjchantry
08-31-2003, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, the freeware one works great and looks good too. I already have Pocket Plus installed so I don't want any conflicts with other task managers. :D

jgahr
09-01-2003, 02:00 AM
There's also Pocket Toolman. I think there is a freeware version still out there, just requires a tap on a menu to soft reset.
:mrgreen:

ctmagnus
09-01-2003, 03:05 AM
PHM Task Manager (http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/taskmgr.asp) can also achieve the same effect.

maximus
09-01-2003, 04:25 AM
So, if the PPC is stucked, the mentioned applications above can still be launched ?

ctmagnus
09-01-2003, 05:44 AM
So, if the PPC is stucked, the mentioned applications above can still be launched ?

If it's "stucked" ;) a soft-reset is most likely in the near future as these applications will also be "stucked" ;). A soft reset'll clean most anything up (in my experience).