View Full Version : Terminal Services using bluetooth active sync?

awierenga
08-30-2003, 05:24 PM
When I use Terminal Services on my ppc connecting using a bluetooth active sync connection, then I am able to login but I automatically loose my active sync connection and cannot do anything from here. What can I do to maintain the active sync connection even when the desktop user is automatically logged off by windows when I connect with my ppc?

FunHouse82
08-30-2003, 06:45 PM
When I use Terminal Services on my ppc connecting using a bluetooth active sync connection, then I am able to login but I automatically loose my active sync connection and cannot do anything from here. What can I do to maintain the active sync connection even when the desktop user is automatically logged off by windows when I connect with my ppc?

So when you are not using terminal services, are you able to have a bluetooth active sync connection? (thus being able to serf the net) Because I am trying to conenct my pda to my computer via bluetooth through active sync for one month now, but I can't! Do you have any advice on how I can go about htis? Thank you very much

g0097
08-30-2003, 07:01 PM
There are some HUGE threads over at Brighthand.com about setting up a bluetooth network and using termial services client. I am sure that somewhere in one of them your questions are proably answered. I am going to paste links here but if they dont work just go over to brighthand and do a search for "terminal bluetooth" in the "ipaq 2200 series" section of the site. Both threads have over 120 posts so happy reading!! :D

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=44a8ac4b9b1a4b76889606574fbf02dd&threadid=84724&highlight=terminal+bluetooth

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=44a8ac4b9b1a4b76889606574fbf02dd&threadid=85632&highlight=terminal+bluetooth

awierenga
08-30-2003, 09:01 PM
@g0097 thanks, I'll have a look.

@ Funhouse82, I use a TDK bluetooth driver that let's me configure a bluetooth serial port on COM 4. That's the port I select in Active Sync Connection Settings.