View Full Version : help me recover data deleted from a CF card...

ds6161
08-30-2003, 01:18 PM
I deleted data off of a CF storage card..
But I have not used it since then ..
can I recover the data its mainly pictures?????

thankz

hollis_f
08-30-2003, 04:37 PM
Best option is to get a USB card reader and used a PC-based recover utility, such as is supplied by Norton Utilities.

Bruno Figueiredo
08-31-2003, 12:24 AM
Best option is to get a USB card reader and used a PC-based recover utility, such as is supplied by Norton Utilities.

Norton Utilities doesn't recover from removable disks such as a CF card. I recomend Easy Recovery from ontrack.com.

hollis_f
08-31-2003, 05:13 AM

Norton Utilities doesn't recover from removable disks such as a CF card. I recomend Easy Recovery from ontrack.com.
Good heavens! I'm sure it used to (but that was many, many versions ago).

szamot
08-31-2003, 05:28 AM
What you want to get is Runtime Software, GetDataBack. Works like charm - you can thank me later. It will even do Smart Media cards and just about everything else you can throw at it.

Bruno Figueiredo
08-31-2003, 12:38 PM
Man that was though to find...

Here's Emergency Undelete Freeware (http://www.nettally.com/waldoe/files/Emergency_Undelete.exe) from Executive Software. It's no longer Freeware but this old version is and it still works like a charm. It even works on NT. You'll have to try it in an older system with 95/98/Me or NT to have it to work. 2000 and XP are not supported.

Oh and save it in a safe spot. It's getting harder to find it on the net. You can even run it from a diskette.

DimensionZero
08-31-2003, 06:47 PM
I've got a great program here at home called BadCopy Pro (http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/)

Works like a charm, it recovers files from CDs, FLoppys, HDs, Media Cards.

I love this thing. It's saved me from a few corrupted hard drives and a few floppies!

Give this a try, there's a free trial which should let you do what you need.

ds6161
09-01-2003, 01:36 AM
thankz for the tips but

Is there a program that will do the recover thru the PDA??

so far alll the programs need a HD or CD-Rom..

I don't have the money to buy a special CF card reader...

thankz again

Bruno Figueiredo
09-01-2003, 01:36 PM
You don't need anything that special... Just buy a PCMCIA CF card adapter if you have a laptop. They sell for about $5 and are great. You transfer all the photos from it in no time. 10x faster than USB.

And you can recover your card.