View Full Version : Trying to watch large mpeg files in WMP from a storage card, got a problem.

jide
08-29-2003, 11:05 PM
This is my second posting, and my second question. The first was answered almost immediately, fantastic! The problem I have now is that I'm trying to watch music videos on Windows media Player on my PPC. The files are large, averaging 40 MB, so obviously I can't load them to main memory. I have loaded them directly to my CF card from my laptop, but when I try to use the file an error message says there is no application associated with the file. My mp3s play fine from the card but they were initially in main memory. Real one player was set as default on my PC when I transfered it to PPC initially. When it didn't work, I deleated the file, went back to the PC and loaded it into WMP and then retransfered it to my CF card. Still doesn't work. Does anyone know the problem?

townsendtribe
08-29-2003, 11:08 PM
Try PocketTV... It plays MPEGs very well.

http://www.mpegtv.com/wince/pockettv/

Good luck

xoiph
08-29-2003, 11:31 PM
Window Media Player for PPC can't play mpegs, only *.wmv

JD Silver
08-30-2003, 01:44 AM
Hi,

I have also had excellent results with PocketTV. In my case I rip some of my fav DVDs and store the movies on a 1 GB CF card. Pocket PC provides a nice smooth (but of course small!) video.