View Full Version : Nevo hit and miss (or does Nevo work with Xbox)

austingeog
08-29-2003, 05:28 PM
I was in my student union today and set up a connection with a TV in a matter of seconds and was able to change channels.

I have an Xbox at home and even though Microsoft is listed under DVD and I do have the DVD add on, I can not get it to work. Does anyone know if an h2210/15 is suppose to be able to work with Xbox and Nevo? Or has anyone got it to work?

jmz28
08-29-2003, 05:43 PM
I was in my student union today and set up a connection with a TV in a matter of seconds and was able to change channels.

I have an Xbox at home and even though Microsoft is listed under DVD and I do have the DVD add on, I can not get it to work. Does anyone know if an h2210/15 is suppose to be able to work with Xbox and Nevo? Or has anyone got it to work?

the xbox dvd dongle uses rca remote codes. so, any universal rca remote should work. maybe that will help you.

austingeog
08-30-2003, 03:58 PM
I tried all the RCA codes, in fact I tried browse codes and input them all and none of them ever got the Xbox to do anything. I wonder if anyone has gotten the Xbox to work with Nevo and if so how? My Xbox also doesn't play the extended version of Fellowship of the Ring while it does play every other movie I have put in. Not sure if I got a funky xbox dvd controller or what.

jmz28
08-30-2003, 04:00 PM
I tried all the RCA codes, in fact I tried browse codes and input them all and none of them ever got the Xbox to do anything. I wonder if anyone has gotten the Xbox to work with Nevo and if so how? My Xbox also doesn't play the extended version of Fellowship of the Ring while it does play every other movie I have put in. Not sure if I got a funky xbox dvd controller or what.

well, like I said, it will work with any universal rca remote (the xbox will), so you could go pick one up locally (make sure it has a "dvd" button at the top) and use it to train nevo, then take it back. Just a suggestion. Heck you could actually go to a store and train nevo off a demo unit.

Chris Spera
08-30-2003, 06:57 PM
Nevo is a universal reomote control app and should work with any end user, consumer controled IR compatible device.

There is a search mode for you to use that will help you find the right code if published codes don't work. However, this is long, involved, and may require a large amount of time to go through all of the codes, one by one, until you find the right code for your chosen device (X-box or otherwise...)

Follow the Nevo instructions for searching for your intended device, and let us know how things work out.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

starbot
08-30-2003, 11:04 PM
nevo works with almost all devices i've tried- but strangely it doesnt work with *my* tv/dvd, does with most though

Server
08-31-2003, 10:48 PM
nevo works with almost all devices i've tried- but strangely it doesnt work with *my* tv/dvd, does with most though

Unless your TV/DVD uses ultra high frequency Ir beams you should
NOT have a problem using NEVO. When dealing with difficult Ir
appliances, its best to TRAIN Nevo to LEARN the Ir
beam instead of using built in default codes.

starbot
08-31-2003, 11:52 PM
training nevo is a painfully long process
i wish it could train just one button and detect the device code from there