View Full Version : SD Card problem

mneidin
08-29-2003, 04:38 PM
I have a 2215 and a sandisk 256mb sd card. I can browse and save files to the sd card, but it does not show up as an option where I can save email attachments and it does not allow me to encrypt folders using F-secure filecrypto.

Do I need to do something to format it or some other procedure so that these programs recognize the sd card.

Thanks from a newbie,

Mark

Steven Cedrone
08-29-2003, 04:52 PM
Inbox, tools, otions, storage...

Check box for "store attachments on storage card"...

Not sure about the encrytion question though...

Steve

mneidin
08-29-2003, 05:02 PM
Inbox, tools, otions, storage...

Check box for "store attachments on storage card"...

Not sure about the encrytion question though...

Steve
I've done that, but it only gives me the option of using the Ipaq FileStore, not the sd card.

Steven Cedrone
08-29-2003, 05:08 PM
I've done that, but it only gives me the option of using the Ipaq FileStore, not the sd card.

The only time mine shows me the Ipaq FileStore is when I don't have my SD card inserted...

Steve

cptpoland
08-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Apparently, that is a known bug. There is registry entry you can change that will store attachments on your SD card. I can't remember what it is, but check www.brighthand.com forums. Also one word of caution. If you change that registry entry, then remove your sd card and run inbox, it will create SD Card folder in your main memory. Inserting SD card will name it SD Card1. It's a bit of a hassle to get things back to normal again. I hope this helps.
CP

chunkymonkey75
09-10-2003, 03:18 AM
You may want to check out the following thread:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14270&highlight=email+attachments

gry
09-15-2003, 03:03 AM
The inbox to SD question was answered above.

FSecure stinks, but Resco File Explorer can encrypt an entire folder's contents.