View Full Version : Got my upgrade CD today, only it's the wrong one!! It gets better...

Kash76
08-28-2003, 11:35 PM
I got my 2003 upgrade CD, all excited to install and I notice that it's for the 5400 series. Well, I have the 3955 and did not screw up on my order. And I'm not the only one, the customer service lady said there are 900 more orders with the same problem. Nice job!!!!

Oh, and their resolution??? "We will be calling back in a couple of days to arrange for you to get the correct disc." They currently don't have any discs to send out is what I was told after demanding a next day shipment.

Nice F up!!!

Ed Hansberry
08-29-2003, 03:12 AM
Yeah. Pretty pathetic. I mean, they messed up, want to fix it and are waiting for more CDs. Instead of being honest and forthcoming, they should just start passing out CD Burners in customer service and making CD's just for you so you don't have to wait a few extra days. The nerve of HP! :roll:

Kash76
08-29-2003, 03:53 AM
Yeah. Pretty pathetic. I mean, they messed up, want to fix it and are waiting for more CDs. Instead of being honest and forthcoming, they should just start passing out CD Burners in customer service and making CD's just for you so you don't have to wait a few extra days. The nerve of HP! :roll:

Better yet, they should send me a new HP DVD burner and let me make copies :mrgreen:

egoz
09-02-2003, 04:02 PM
Having to wait for a replacement CD for several days is, well, abhorant.

They messed up, and they should be doing everything in their power to fix it. This is an example of Big Company Ineffeciency.

And, this is how SEAsian competitors get their cheap-labour foot into our markets.

How silly of us customers to demand good service.
Shame on us!

.rob adams

rberry88
09-02-2003, 05:55 PM
My situation is opposite. I received the disc for the 3900 series upgrade instead of the 54XX upgrade which I ordered. They called my and asked if I received the correct version and when I told them no they said they would ship a new disc out in a couple days. That all took place last Thursday and with the long weekend I might just get it by the end of September the way things normally work with HP. :roll:

rberry88

ChristopherTD
09-02-2003, 07:51 PM
Of course you could auction your 5400 upgrade - there are any number of folk waiting for exactly that upgrade!

:wink:

Kash76
09-02-2003, 08:32 PM
Well, I found someone to trade iso files over the net. Upgraded this morning and we will wait to get out correct discs in the mail! 2003 is sweet!