View Full Version : e-mail application

Xeogears13
08-28-2003, 10:05 PM
number one - did I spell Application right, not shure...
number two - not shure if this goes here I'm not shure

is there any application that is free that can retrieve my email and put it on my pocket pc? i have a yahoo and aol mail account, i need an app that can put either one of those on my axim.

if anyone knows of one please post. thanks in advance

famousdavis
08-28-2003, 10:33 PM
"Application" looked good, but I'm not shure about some of your other words.... :wink:

Your Axim has Pocket Outlook installed. If you install Outlook on your desktop PC, you can retrieve your Yahoo email (or wherever your email resides), then use Microsoft's ActiveSync to move that email into your Axim. This is a very common practice for nearly all PPC users! :)

Xeogears13
08-28-2003, 11:19 PM
lol, just noticed, school is coming i have to learn to spell again.
I have Microsoft Outlook on my XP Home box not Outlook Express and I have no idea how to set it up on just Outlook I found some guides for Express not for Outlook.

Can you point me in the direction of a guide?
Thanks in advance.

famousdavis
08-29-2003, 05:14 AM
By golly, you should be ready to rock-n-roll, then!

If you've not already installed ActiveSync, then download it (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/pocketpc/activesync37.mspx)from Microsoft (or use your Dell CDROM that came with your Axim) and install it on your XP desktop. You actually need the full-featured Outlook, not Outlook Express, to synchronize between your desktop and your PPC.

I'm assuming you've configured Outlook to download your Hotmail (or whichever Internet email account you use) email into Outlook, correct?

Once you've installed ActiveSync, you should be pretty well set. There are configuration settings (and limitations) with ActiveSync, (as well as with Pocket Outlook), so don't expect the same experience on your PPC as reading email in Outlook on your desktop. But for most email, Pocket Outlook works fine (for me, anyway)!

If you have more questions, feel free to ask 'em! :)