View Full Version : The FrogPad

DimensionZero
08-28-2003, 06:14 PM
Has anyone seen this before?
A friend of mine just sent me this.

Pretty funky!
You'd have to try to forget how to type on a regular keyboard!

FrogPad (http://www.frogpad.com/)

dean_shan
08-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Neat. Saw it and considered getting it for my friend who is a gamer. I then saw the cost and left the site. That is a lot of $$.

famousdavis
08-28-2003, 10:07 PM
Come again? :?

What's a FrogPad??

Steven Cedrone
08-28-2003, 10:08 PM
Come again? :?

What's a FrogPad??

Look at the link at the bottom of his post...

Steve

famousdavis
08-28-2003, 10:17 PM
Ooops! :oops:

I tend to overlook the taglines on people's posts. My bad! Worse thing is, I looked at that note twice a few hours apart, and still didn't pickup on the link!

GoldKey
08-28-2003, 11:02 PM
I thought it would be nice for one of my pc's that I never really do any typing on and the keyboard is just taking up space for the rare times I need it. But $189, they must be kidding!

I would like a PC function that would pop-up a soft keyboard that I could click with the mouse.

Dave Beauvais
08-28-2003, 11:08 PM
... I would like a PC function that would pop-up a soft keyboard that I could click with the mouse.
If you run Windows 2000 or XP, go to Start, Run, and type "osk". This runs the On-Screen Keyboard, which does exactly what you want. :)

--Dave

dh
08-28-2003, 11:58 PM
One interesting thing from their website is that they say the next version will have embedded BT. That would make it a more interesting prospect.

It also looks that a major part of their market plan is to licence their idea to OEMs who could integrate a small keypad in their products.

Personally, I'm not a fan of keyboards where each key is used for a multitude of characters. I think I would find this difficult to use. Nice idea though.

GoldKey
08-29-2003, 12:05 AM
... I would like a PC function that would pop-up a soft keyboard that I could click with the mouse.
If you run Windows 2000 or XP, go to Start, Run, and type "osk". This runs the On-Screen Keyboard, which does exactly what you want. :)

--Dave

Cool, and I typed this with it. THX

GoldKey
08-29-2003, 12:08 AM
Now, if I could add it to the right click menu so I can enable it with the mouse?

Dave Beauvais
08-29-2003, 12:45 AM
Now, if I could add it to the right click menu so I can enable it with the mouse?
I suppose you could add a shortcut to it in your startup group on that system and set it to run minimized so you can pop it up when needed.

Okay, no more off-topic posts from me. Sorry!

--Dave

dean_shan
08-29-2003, 12:56 AM
Are you wanting to do everything keyboardless? Also is osk was the last thing you ran with run, you can click on the start-bar then run, then ok.

GoldKey
08-29-2003, 01:50 AM
Are you wanting to do everything keyboardless? Also is osk was the last thing you ran with run, you can click on the start-bar then run, then ok.

No this is more for an auxilary machine that is set up for MP3s. I almost never need a keyboard (although it is hooked up to the net for rare use). So it is hooked up to the entertainment system using the TV as a monitor. The PC is out of the way and cant be seen, but I have a keyboard and a mouse on top of the stereo cabinet. If I could just use a wireless mouse, I could just throw it in with the remotes for a much cleaner look.

dean_shan
08-29-2003, 01:55 AM
OK gotcha. I have one of those too. I bring it to work so I can play my music (I think of it as a my big black iPod). I need to buy some more parts for it though, I havn't quite finished building it. That is a good idea to boot w/ osk so you do not have keyboard cluttering your coffe table.

GoldKey
08-29-2003, 02:13 AM
I ended up creating a shortcut to osk and put it in the quick launch area next to the start button. That way it is always 1 click away.

Steven Cedrone
08-29-2003, 04:12 AM
O.K., now that we have the OSK setup out of the way...

Topic, topic, topic... :wink:

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

famousdavis
08-29-2003, 04:33 AM
O.K., now that we have the OSK setup out of the way...

Topic, topic, topic... :wink:

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

Peanut Butter! If one can't go off-topic in an off-topic forum, where can one go off-topic? :)

Steven Cedrone
08-29-2003, 04:40 AM
Peanut Butter! If one can't go off-topic in an off-topic forum, where can one go off-topic? :)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Just because it's in the off-topic forum, does not mean there is no topic...

Off-topic ≠ Anarchy... :wink:

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator