View Full Version : ActiveSync + h5550 - "1 unresolved email"

SteveP
08-28-2003, 12:53 PM
Hi All

I'm using an IPAQ h5550.

When I sync the machine, activesync tells me I have *1* unresolved email...even though I know I haven't!

I've tried rebooting the PC, resetting the iPAQ, moving all the mails for the folders in question to somwhere else

..it still makes no difference

Any words of wisdom from anyone?

...before I go crazy

delfuhd
08-29-2003, 07:35 PM
delete your current partnership, but keep the shared folder and all the information. Then just create a new partnership with the same PPC name, then when it syncs it should work. I've done that two times, when I had "unresolved items" that just ddnt resolve, and it's the most ANNOYING thing in the world. But yes, I think of it as "rebooting Activesync." It should work. And you shouldn't lose any information or files, just if it asks you if you want to delete a folder or somehting, say no. GOod luck!

famousdavis
08-29-2003, 08:02 PM
Only *1* unresolved email? Shucks, often when I'm synch'ing, I get 11 or 12 emails that apparently are left in an unresolved status!

I've learned to not worry about it. Sometimes I'll synch without an error, then again sometimes I'll have ActiveSync say it can't resolve 11 or 12 emails. I never notice any actual emails missing from Pocket Outlook, so I've just learned to take ActiveSync with a big grain of salt, and hope that Longhorn (Microsoft's next evolution of Windows software) will make ActiveSync something really good.

SteveP
08-29-2003, 08:06 PM
Hi All

Thanks for your advice. I fiddled around a bit and discovered that if you delete the emails in Outlook on your PC...and resync...it sorts out the problem!!

Weird...but effective
:D

SteveP
08-30-2003, 05:10 AM
[quote="SteveP"]Hi All

Thanks for your advice. I fiddled around a bit and discovered that if you delete the emails in the deleted bin in Outlook on your PC...and resync...it sorts out the problem!!

Weird...but effective

squeeze
08-30-2003, 11:16 PM
Check your attachments. AS may not be able to convert the attachment (i.e an unsupported file).

SteveP
08-30-2003, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the tip Squeeze!

web docta
08-31-2003, 04:21 AM
I've had the same problem. I found that if I make a simple change to my Inbox like deleting or moving 1 email it will sync. Go figure.... :?

SteveP
08-31-2003, 08:55 AM
Yeah...just when I think I'm beginning to understand what's going on PC-wise...along comes another challenge like this one! :D