View Full Version : T-Mobile Germany will release the MDA II end of October

Pocket PC Dubai
08-28-2003, 08:55 AM
Here some additional information about the new MDA :)

http://www.t-mobile.net/CDA/,1898,0,newsid-2188-yearid--monthid-1885,en.html?w=966&h=699

http://www.golem.de/0308/27133-mdaii_artikel.jpg

"As already reported here, T-Mobile Germany will release the MDA II (finally it's the official name) end of October in Germany. The introduction of the MDA II is also planned for Austria, the UK and the Czech Republic soon - however, so far no release date was given for the USA.............

............. The MDA II will include 128 MB of RAM and uses an 400 MHz XScale processor. With the integrated Bluetooth interface, the T-Mobile MDA II can also be used for wireless communication between devices or as a navigation system in conjunction with the T-Mobile NaviGate BlueKit."

Monty Gibson
08-28-2003, 05:13 PM
All I need to say is: :drool: and :2gunfire: :cry: to all the two piece device lovers out there.

Pocket PC Dubai
08-28-2003, 07:01 PM
You know it is really great to have a phone and a PPC all in one box, I am playing now with a GSM/GPRS sleeve for my iPAQ and it is so much fun using it as a phone, I must say I am going to get myself one of those converged devices. The MDA II (XDA II) is very promising :wink:

Monty Gibson
08-28-2003, 07:10 PM
You know it is really great to have a phone and a PPC all in one box, I am playing now with a GSM/GPRS sleeve for my iPAQ and it is so much fun using it as a phone, I must say I am going to get myself one of those converged devices. The MDA II (XDA II) is very promising :wink:

I have the original T-Mobile now and love it even though it's underpowered, under managed (little RAM), and has a lack luster screen. But I wouldn't be able to live a day without it. I spend at least 7-8 hours a day with my PPCPE. At least. Between work, gaming, audio books, e-mail, internet; I think I spend more time on it then I do on my home computer! The MDA II is going to be a superb device; all that I could ever hope for and wish for. My "nirvana" for being mobile is complete when this device hits the market.

JoshB
08-29-2003, 12:07 AM
I can't wait for the XDA II. I'll finally be able to converge with one device.

I got spoiled by the gorgeous screen and (slightly) more memory on my iPAQ 1910 before I got my XDA, and I can't bring myself to give up the beautiful little iPAQ and make the PPCPE my main device.

However, once the XDA II becomes available, it will be a worthy replacement for both devices. Frankly, it seems like it will be a contender for the Most Badass PDA. Period. :D

Jeff Rutledge
08-29-2003, 12:59 AM
I'll join the rest here eagerly anticipating this device. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to be waiting a long time before I can get one in Canada. I may have to buy from the U.S. but I don't think it's a simple process with a phone edition.

Jon Westfall
09-04-2003, 04:30 AM
I was on the phone tonight with T-Mobile to ask a few billing questions and figured I'd ask if they had any info on when the MDA II would be available in the US. Guy was pretty clueless, and said they have nothing about it in their systems right now. I'm personally thinking it will be around the end of the year, but that's a guess. Just thought you guys might like to know that, as usual, customer service reps are the last to find out about this kind of thing.