View Full Version : Dell Axim X3 Coming Mid-October? Rumours Abound...

Jason Dunn
08-28-2003, 05:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://brighthand.com/article/RumorMill_Axim_X3_Coming_Mid-October/' target='_blank'>http://brighthand.com/article/Rumor...ng_Mid-October/</a><br /><br /></div>The rumours about the upcoming X3 and X7 Dell Axims are starting to come together - Brighthand has put together an article detailing some of the various rumours. Dell might be late to the party with a Windows Mobile 2003 device, but it looks like they'll make a big splash with it!<br /><br />"Among the most highly-anticipated products of this fall are Dell's next Pocket PCs, the Axim X3 series. According to an anonymous source, these will be announced on October 15, and are expected to be available a week or so after that. Dell's first models, the Axim X5 line, had both a SD/MMC slot and CompactFlash slot. While this added to their usefulness, it made them somewhat bulky. The Axim X3 models will have only a single SD/MMC slot, but will be significantly smaller. The SD slot will support SDIO, which means it will be able to use peripherals designed to plug into the SD slot. Supposedly, there will be two models in this line: a 300 MHz one and a 400 MHz one..."

Abba Zabba
08-28-2003, 05:52 AM
Not to be the one to break anyone's bubble on this but as for me and I think many other gadget folk around here I think we're all awaiting their converged design that will give us a PDA, with GSM (or CDMA :roll: ), bt, and wifi all wrapped up in a happy little design.

SandersP
08-28-2003, 05:54 AM
who cares about X3. I want to know about X7, H4000 and Wanda!

maximus
08-28-2003, 06:34 AM

Well, people who like small PCCs will find the X3 to be interesting.

converged design that will give us a PDA, with GSM (or CDMA ), bt, and wifi all wrapped up in a happy little design.

Ah, yes. One-device-for-all. Mitac mio 728. If the rumor is correct. Topdog, any news on this yet ? :D

CorysWorld
08-28-2003, 02:09 PM

What is Wanda?

Jason Dunn
08-28-2003, 03:12 PM
What is Wanda?

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/sep03/wanda.asp

Jason Dunn
08-28-2003, 03:13 PM

I can virtually guarantee that if Dell can release the X3 at the $150 US price point, it will have a bigger impact on market share and sales than the X7, so it IS a big deal. :wink:

AndyD
08-28-2003, 04:44 PM
THere is no mention of the x7 in that article.

Crystal Eitle
08-28-2003, 04:59 PM
I can virtually guarantee that if Dell can release the X3 at the $150 US price point, it will have a bigger impact on market share and sales than the X7, so it IS a big deal. :wink:
I've been planning to buy my mom a Pocket PC for Christmas ever since the 1910 came along and changed my life. If Dell comes out with a $150 Pocket PC, my dear little sister is getting one from me as well.

maximus
08-29-2003, 02:18 AM
I've been planning to buy my mom a Pocket PC for Christmas ever since the 1910 came along and changed my life. If Dell comes out with a $150 Pocket PC, my dear little sister is getting one from me as well.

After successfully integrated a PPC into my girlfriend daily habit, I am planning to do the same also for my mother. The problem is, I have trouble finding applications that mothers need. May I know what apps are on your list ?

Crystal Eitle
08-29-2003, 03:58 AM

After successfully integrated a PPC into my girlfriend daily habit, I am planning to do the same also for my mother. The problem is, I have trouble finding applications that mothers need. May I know what apps are on your list ?

Hmmm... Emperor's Mahjong for sure, as my mom really likes mahjong. Some ebooks, ListPro, maybe Pocket Informant. I'll probably put together some themes for her, too.

David Prahl
08-29-2003, 02:35 PM
We should have a contest to see who can uncover the first images of the X3! :D Wouldn't it be cool to get a free SD card or something?

I know that news travels incredible fast in this market, but it would be more fun this way.

nox
08-31-2003, 03:16 PM
No one seems to be talking about the Built in keyboard in Dells' X9 PDA/PHONE device , i think they are calling it X9 or is it the X7.

maximus
09-01-2003, 02:24 AM
No one seems to be talking about the Built in keyboard in Dells' X9 PDA/PHONE device , i think they are calling it X9 or is it the X7.

Personally I dont think dell will go with a PPC with built-in keyboard. So many possibilities of mechanical error. Imagine all the people that will call their customer service to yell: my "W" button is not working ! I want a replacement !!!

Tari Akpodiete
09-01-2003, 05:56 AM
i've been giving some consideration to picking up the nextGen Dell as i don't yet have a 2003 device, but like many people, i've got a ton of CF cards. it's tiresome to think that they won't be usuable in new pocket pcs. it's not like they are proprietary to a manufacturer.