View Full Version : Rant: Belkin Screen Protectors

Anthony Caruana
08-28-2003, 02:05 AM
I bought some Belkin ClearScreen screen protectors. The product name and image on the packaging and images on their web site are blatantly false.

On the bottom of every protector is some text (belkin.com). This means that when ever I look at the screen of my PDA there is some text that interferes with the visibility of screen elements like menus at the bottom of my screen. It looks like ... well lets not use any naughty words.

The sales person at the shop I purchased from (Officeworks in the Melbourne CBD) was astounded that Belkin would do something so stupid and promptly refunded my money and was going to remove the product from the shelf.

Do not buy Belkin screen protectors.

famousdavis
08-28-2003, 03:34 AM
Weird! 8O

I use Belkin screen protectors, but I don't have any writing at the bottom of them (I checked just now to be sure, as I'm not always good at picking up these things).

Maybe this is something new with Belkin products, yes? I bought mine when I got my 1910 -- last March.

ctmagnus
08-28-2003, 05:38 AM
I saw an extreme close-up of one fellow's screen with a screen protector on, and it had a Fellowes WriteRights logo on it. Yet my WriteRights don't have the logo.

Dave Beauvais
08-28-2003, 06:18 AM
Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the printer or cutter was out of alignment. I could understand the name or logo being on the "border" of the protector that's left over once you peel it off the backing sheet and perhaps the large sheet they're cut from was not in the correct position prior to cutting, but to be on the protector itself is simply absurd. Honestly, though, I don't see how people use those adhesive vinyl protectors, anyway.

--Dave

Anthony Caruana
08-28-2003, 11:49 AM
Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the printer or cutter was out of alignment. I could understand the name or logo being on the "border" of the protector that's left over once you peel it off the backing sheet and perhaps the large sheet they're cut from was not in the correct position prior to cutting, but to be on the protector itself is simply absurd. Honestly, though, I don't see how people use those adhesive vinyl protectors, anyway.

--Dave

I did think that but i checked another pack at another store and it was the same. even on protectors for different products.

I'm not real happy about them either but the better quality protectors cost a fortune, especially when shipped to Australia. I'll just do with my home made ones.

doogald
08-28-2003, 02:21 PM
Yes, my Belkins have the 'belkin.com' at the bottom. Honestly, it didn't really bother me all that much, until I started the trial with Thunderhawk. With Thunderhawk it is mildly annoying.

famousdavis
08-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Weird! 8O

I use Belkin screen protectors, but I don't have any writing at the bottom of them (I checked just now to be sure, as I'm not always good at picking up these things).

Ummm....I don't use Belkin screen protectors afterall. They're made by Fellowes! :oops: