View Full Version : Can anybody help harrell with Pylon configuration / Lotus Notes email problem?

Steven Cedrone
08-28-2003, 01:19 AM
See this thread... (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17223)

"With my 221x, I can sync and see calendar, contacts, and emails, but I cannot open the emails.

Other stuff is OK.

When I click an email, some lines seem to be moving and opening but then it just quits and I am looking at the list of emailsas if I did not do anything. No lockup, butn no opened email either."

Give him a hand if you can!!!

Steve

jimski
08-28-2003, 04:11 AM
I think what Steve is referring to," ie. Download Headers Only", only applies to setting up services other than ActiveSync, like POP3 or Hotmail.

The Inbox settings for ActiveSync can be controlled from Options. I am between laptops right now and only connecting to a temporary device as a Guest, (and can't remember my old settings) but reading through the Help screen, I believe you can control how many lines of a message are synced and whether or nor attachments are synced, but I did not see the option for "Headers Only".

Sorry :oops: I can't provide more help.

Steven Cedrone
08-28-2003, 12:54 PM
You are correct, I was a little "confused"... :wink:

It's in AcriveSync (desktop), options, highlight inbox, click settings...

Steve

harrell
09-05-2003, 10:04 PM
I can't get to the settings in my inbox becuase I don't use it. I use Pylon instead, which handles everything OK and uses Activesync, but takes over all the job that the aCtivesync options let you do. So it blocks you from changing those settings, but you can chnage them in Pylon (I use Lotus Noes, so I have to use 3rd party software called Pylon to sync with that.

But it doesn;t allow any "headers only" type setting.

Harrell

harrell
09-08-2003, 07:01 PM
I had to do a hard seset becuase when I was talking to HP tech support and they asked me to remove the battery to read a label underneath, it would not power back up and forced me to hard reset !!!!!! But when I did I loaded all programs one at a time (instead of restoring which is what I did after the previous hard reset) and the problem did not reapear!

So its oK now except when I send an email, the body of the text does not go. The recipient can see the subject line and even attachments, but no body text. MY PDA can see it because it spell checks it and if I save it as a draft and reopen it, it is still there.

But recipients (more than one tried) don't see it.

What could this be from ?

Thanks for help.

Harrell