View Full Version : How to transfer programs?

wigglesworth
08-27-2003, 08:16 PM
Hi, I'm new to this, and this is my first post!. Can someone tell me if there is a way to move all my programs I have purchased for my Jornada 568 to the Ipaq 5450?
Is there a software that will do this for me? I have only been able to move my calendar and contacts through active-sync.

Thank You

I Love this sight!

AndyD
08-27-2003, 08:51 PM
Why not just backup/move your own files and reinstall the apps?

Chris Spera
08-27-2003, 09:24 PM
All of your software should work on your new PDA. Unfortunately, Pocket PC makes use of a Registry, and therefore, you're not going to be able to simply copy folders from one PPC to another.

The best thing to do is to reinstall all of your applications.

As far as your data is concerned, if its all in your device's My Documents folder, then all you have to do is copy the desktop versions of all those files from one desktop folder to another.

If you sync files, and have named your PPC something other than Pocket_PC in the About Control Panel Applet, then this is easy. If your Jornada is named Jornada548 and your iPAQ is named iPAQ5450, then you should have desktop folders named "Jornada548 My Documents" and "iPAQ5450 My Documents".

Simply copy the contents from one folder to another and then let ActiveSync copy the files to your actual device.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

wigglesworth
08-27-2003, 11:21 PM
I have not tried it yet, but thank you for your speedy replies!