View Full Version : e740 ROM Upgrade (Old News) ??

DanMichSr
08-27-2003, 06:00 PM
I have been trying to upgrade my ROM Image from 1.0618.0409 to 1.0623.0409 "No Cards" Just a bare PDA that has Activesync installed and communication with my PDA but not sysn anything. I've followed the direction on the read me file to the letter and what I get is the statement....""The update image does not match the PDA's Model"". I called support and they say it won't work ???? Can't argue with the guy but I think others on here have and are using it.. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, I just received my replacement battery "High Capacity" from Toshiba that was quick 2 days and it works great....

dean_shan
08-27-2003, 06:07 PM
What OS is your computer running? You need 2k or xp to do it.

DanMichSr
08-27-2003, 06:59 PM
XP "Home Edition"

dean_shan
08-27-2003, 07:20 PM
Oh sorry I was confused. I thought you were talking about the first rom update. :oops: nevermind then

redifrogger
08-31-2003, 05:07 AM
I'm running ROM 23 on my e740. The easiest method to upgrade your ROM is to put the file on a CF card. There's ALOT of info on brighthand's site about this. http://discussion.brighthand.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=197 If you don't have a card yet, get one - they're really cheap and you backup your data to it. You'll be really glad you did. No more white text problems or active sync drops - if you don't have these problems yet - you will. :wink:

DanMichSr
08-31-2003, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the info..........Have you heard anyone having trouble with the ROM upgrade etc......... Trouble with the pen and positioning etc. Or any problem in general........ Thanks

eternity0
09-04-2003, 12:02 AM
I have been trying to upgrade my ROM Image from 1.0618.0409 to 1.0623.0409 "No Cards" Just a bare PDA that has Activesync installed and communication with my PDA but not sysn anything. I've followed the direction on the read me file to the letter and what I get is the statement....""The update image does not match the PDA's Model"". I called support and they say it won't work ???? Can't argue with the guy but I think others on here have and are using it.. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, I just received my replacement battery "High Capacity" from Toshiba that was quick 2 days and it works great....

I was just trying to do the same thing and got the same message!

I don't know if it makes a difference but in the readme file it says Windows 2000 and Windows XP-SP1 is required. I'm not running XP-SP1, don't know if that's why it's not working though.