View Full Version : Thanks Sprite Guys!!

dh
08-27-2003, 01:39 AM
I've been making backups with Sprite Backup Plus for a while and today was the first time I needed to do a restore. I always back up to my CF card so I have a backup if I have a problem while traveling.

Anyway, today I was in my home office and I had been messing about with ftxPBrowser and PIEPlus.

The result of this was that my Pocketop Keyboard driver would not open any longer. I couldn't delete it since you need to disable the screen rotation to be able to do so and of course to do this you have to open the file. I couldn't re-install the file for the same reason. Potential hard reset.

Solution, restore using yesterdays backup file. It took about 10 minutes to complete and everything is great again.

Nice product, thanks Sprite Guys! :ppclove:

Anyone else been saved by an investment in good backup software?

jgahr
08-27-2003, 02:06 AM
Almost daily dh. Loaded a new TomTom US BT driver today in fact, 2.07, and updated edictionary and that was all it took to get to a whiteout screen. By the way, I think it was the BT driver, since it was in the event you don't exit your GPS program prior to exiting the GPS software, or something like that and I haven't had that issue yet. Since I back up via WiFi a couple times a day, and Pocket Backup Plus just after, I really don't have many worries when trying new stuff. Since I layer the backups when testing, I can normally get to a stable version pretty quickly.
:mrgreen:

buckyg
08-27-2003, 04:34 AM
Yes, Thank You Sprite Guys! Was on a long trip overseas, it was Monday morning about 3. A colleague and I had been working all weekend, we should have finished Sunday afternoon. But a nice MS product had totally corrupted a lot of network information instead of finishing correctly like it said.

We're on the phone to MS in the States. The person there is kind of bothered by still being at work for an extra hour. No sympathy from us, we're trying to stay awake and make it so folks can work when they arrive in a few hours.

Suddenly, my iPAQ does the old whiteout/hard-reset screen. What? I haven't installed anything new since well before the trip, just so something like this doesn't happen. Wasn't even touching it. My iPAQ is a lifesaver on trips, great... Thankfully, I had Pocket Backup Plus and was back up and running in a few minutes.

No, I'm not a shill for Sprite...

xerxers
08-27-2003, 04:46 AM
I have been doing some beta testing for somebody and I got a bad app. Which lead to a hard reset. The restore took about 3 minutes and by the time I had fixed up a few bits and pieces it didn't take long at all.

I now have Sprite set up to do a backup to my SD card everyday and I have a max of three backups in the directory at any one time.

Saved my life and time......great product.

I also do not work for Sprite I just think that their product is tremendous..

Xerxers