View Full Version : Best Weekend Job?

Khufu1
08-26-2003, 04:32 PM
I have been irresponsible with my spending and it is catching up with me (ultimatum from the Fiancee as well). My gadget habit is put me in a hard spot. I need to take a second job and put myself on an allowance.

My question to my fellow PPC'ers: In your opinion, which is the best weekend part-time job?
Possible options: Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA (I used to be a tech there and have an A+ CompTIA), Home Depot, Dominicks (a local grocery store), some kind of bookstore, Starbucks, or other...
BTW: I understand the effort would be futile if I bought stuff and I have that in mind when choosing.

Thanks for your help.
Khufu1

Jacob
08-26-2003, 04:53 PM
I'd say Best Buy or Circuit city - but that would be bad for your gadget addiction. I can imagine you going to get your paycheck and then seeing a new PDA on display.....then bye bye paycheck.

So I would then say the Book Store.

The Yaz
08-26-2003, 05:52 PM
I would say Best Buy or Circuit City would be your best choices. I have always found that if the work you do involves something you are interested in, the job is more enjoyable to do.

With regards to managing your gadet addiction, what you can do is open a seperate savings account at the bank where you have your checking. When you start your new PT job, ask them to split the direct deposit payment between your checking and saving accounts (it doesn't cost the employer any more to do this). This way, you have a controlled amount set aside for your habit.

I know where you are coming from. I used to work PT at Electronics Boutique so I could afford gaming software.

Steve 8)

dhettel
08-26-2003, 06:05 PM
Unless you also have a tool problem. Then perhaps the Home Depot store. I think they will reward your technical knowledge. My guess is CompUSA and BestBuys will feed your problem.

David

Talldog
08-26-2003, 07:41 PM
How about a package handler for UPS? They pay well for part time work, and it'll keep you in shape.

UserMark
08-26-2003, 10:13 PM
Your American shops have such unoriginal names :)