View Full Version : WM2003 Registry Editor

Kevin Jackson
08-25-2003, 05:30 PM
I was wondering if anyone had tried PHM Registry Editor with WM2003 with success. I have not tried it yet and wanted to make sure it was compatible before hosing my PPC :)

Thanks

dhettel
08-25-2003, 05:38 PM
O It works very well. No problems for me. Some of the hacks need to be updated, to get them to work.

David

Qman
08-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Yes I use PHM Registry Editor with WM2003 without any problems!

petvas
08-25-2003, 06:56 PM
If you have Resco Explorer 2003, it includes a Registry Editor inside the File Explorer. It is very good and the integration with the File Manager makes it a great choice!!!

nigeljedi
08-25-2003, 10:56 PM
Resco Explorer 2003 is my choice. I've been using it for almost a year with excellent results. It's nice to be able to clean out the registry of all the leftover installation "crumbs" most apps leave behind!
Give it a look!

Godsongz
08-25-2003, 11:18 PM
Gotta jump in and agree with the last two.. Resco Explorer 2003 is awesome. Its the only tool I use to work with the registry.

dhettel
08-26-2003, 12:00 AM
Resco Explorer Registry Editor is good, but what does it do that the **FREE** PHM Registry Editor doesn't do? I can use either one, I happen to like PHM better. Perhaps because it is the first one I used, Perhaps because the PHM site has a list of hacks that you can try out. I can and have used both, just don't really see a need to pay for what I can get for free.

David

petvas
08-26-2003, 12:19 AM
Resco Explorer Registry Editor is good, but what does it do that the **FREE** PHM Registry Editor doesn't do? I can use either one, I happen to like PHM better. Perhaps because it is the first one I used, Perhaps because the PHM site has a list of hacks that you can try out. I can and have used both, just don't really see a need to pay for what I can get for free.

David
Resco Explorer 2003 isn't just a Registry Editor. In fact Registry editing is a bonus feature. Resco Explorer is the best File Explorer with builtin support for Zip/Unzip and Registry Editing...You should really have a look!!!

dhettel
08-26-2003, 01:10 AM

David
Resco Explorer 2003 isn't just a Registry Editor. In fact Registry editing is a bonus feature. Resco Explorer is the best File Explorer with builtin support for Zip/Unzip and Registry Editing...You should really have a look!!!

I am very well aware of what Resco is. A very good file explorer. And if you want a File Explore it is what I would recommend. But if you want a Registry Editor then what does it offer over the **FREE** PHM Registry Editor? That is all I am asking. I happen to generally have both on my iPAQ. But the PHM one is the one that is loaded if I only have one. It's the one I load first. Because it is small and fast and meets my needs. I use it to change the name of my storage cards, to SD card and CF card, after a hard reset. I used it to develop a hack that let a number of other programs find the WLAN card in a 5455. When Hp had the name spelled wrong.

This Topic was about "I was wondering if anyone had tried PHM Registry Editor with WM2003 with success." Not which one is the best, or which one do you like the most. You brought up a freebee included when you by a $19.95 program. To me that is a lot like saying go out and buy this you'll like it much more. LOL You quote me, but either don't believe me, or didn't bother to read what your quoting. Because you tell me "...You should really have a look!!!" when if you read what you quoted you would see "I can use either one,..." and "... I can and have used both, just don't really see a need to pay for what I can get for free. " I have use both, but I might have missed something in the Resco version. That is why I was asking what does it do that PHM does not do?

David

rzanology
08-28-2003, 05:18 PM
I was wondering if anyone had tried PHM Registry Editor with WM2003 with success. I have not tried it yet and wanted to make sure it was compatible before hosing my PPC :)

Thanks

What does this hack do??? i have phm...so how do it do it!!!! :)

Autarch
08-30-2003, 04:33 PM
No problems with PHM Reg Edit here, either. I haven't tried the Resco editor yet, but probably will eventually because I always hear that the File Explorer is great.

cbkitt
09-02-2003, 07:42 AM
Yes

It works fine... Just like PPC 2002

nigeljedi
09-02-2003, 02:21 PM
dhettel-
You're rambling about nothing. We chimed in about a good all-around file explorer/registry editor. I think, the last time I checked, our opinions were still a First Amendment item.
Geez. Take a cold shower and count to 100...
:roll:

rhmorrison
09-02-2003, 02:29 PM
Resco Explorer 2003 isn't just a Registry Editor. In fact Registry editing is a bonus feature. Resco Explorer is the best File Explorer<snip>...
And you say this without having compared it to the FREEWARE Total Commander for Pocket PC v1.21 (http://www.ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm) file explorer! TRY IT - - - it's FREE!!

dlangton
09-02-2003, 06:01 PM
That is why I was asking what does it do that PHM does not do?

About the only improvement with the Resco registry editor is the ability to merge a *.reg file. phm Registry Editor can save registry files, but can't merge them (yet).

ironguy
09-02-2003, 06:06 PM
To me, under my Constitutional rights, the ability to merge reg files is crucial. I save my ICbar settings this way. I create the desired theme then export the applicable reg key. Works great. Need to change themes? Tap the reg file.

Back to the topic. I use the Resco registry editor and also RegKing.

dlangton
09-02-2003, 06:23 PM
Back to the topic. I use the Resco registry editor and also RegKing.

Another good tweak program is Pocket Tweak from http://www.tillanosoft.com/ce/ptweak.html

nigeljedi
09-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Ok. Where is the PHM registry editor. I searched PocketGear and Handango but nothing came up under "PHM" or "registry" for it...

dlangton
09-02-2003, 09:34 PM
http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

nigeljedi
09-02-2003, 10:06 PM
Thanks, man! Right after I posted that question, I remembered that I had the PHM site bookmarked for it's Registry Tweaks page!
DUH!!!
But, thanks just the same!