View Full Version : Covertec Case for 2210?

maikii
08-24-2003, 09:26 PM
Covertec now has a case for the 2210 on their web site:

http://www.mobileplanet.com/private/covertec/product.asp?unit=iPAQ2200

Does anyone know of a review out yet for this case? Has anyone reading tried one yet? (Well, they just appeared on the US web site a couple days ago, so probably no normal user in the US has seen one yet, but perhaps it appeared earlier in other countries, or someone got a review version sooner.)

On Mobileslash.com there were reviews last week of various cases for the 2210, but didn't include Covertec. They reviewed Vaja, Piel Frama, and Krusell. Frankly, from those descriptions, Krusell appeals more to me than the other two. Besides costing significantly less money, the Krusell comes with a clip, but one can use without the clip, without having the knob protruding on the back to hang the clip on. (Not sure how that works, but it's supposed to be flat without the clip.) That appeals to me, as I might sometimes use the case with a clip, other times not, and it's nice not to have that knob when you put the PDA in your shirt pocket.

The Covertec also has such a system--comes with a clip, but the case is supposed to be flat without a clip, no protrusion. (I don't know if their system of doing that is similar to the Krusell, or different.)

I would like to see a comparison of the Covertec and the Krusell. The Krusell costs about $10 less ($28 or so on executivepda.com), whereas the Covertec sells for $39.95 on the only place I've seen it, their page on Mobileplanet. It looks like the Krusell comes only in black, the Covertec has a choice of 3 colors. Otherwise, I really don't know what the differences are. Anyone know?

Anyone used a recent model Covertec or Krusell case for another PDA? If so, how was it?

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

nik19
08-26-2003, 11:33 PM
Here's a pretty good review on the Covertec case from Brighthand...

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86880&highlight=covertec

maikii
08-29-2003, 03:22 AM

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86880&highlight=covertec

Just read the review--sounds like a very good case, except for the open corners.

I was mistaken in writing that it is available now. Not yet in the USA, at least. It's on the Covertec web site, but when one puts one in the shopping cart, one sees "due date--Sept. 15."

Although OT--I just got the Krusell classic case, and will return it. The sides and back are protected by the case, but the front--screen, buttons, and all are completelyu unprotected. (Don't confurse with the Krusell Handit case. That was the one reviewed. I'd advise against their Classic case, however.

nik19
08-29-2003, 04:31 AM

Just read the review--sounds like a very good case, except for the open corners.

I was mistaken in writing that it is available now. Not yet in the USA, at least. It's on the Covertec web site, but when one puts one in the shopping cart, one sees "due date--Sept. 15."

Although OT--I just got the Krusell classic case, and will return it. The sides and back are protected by the case, but the front--screen, buttons, and all are completely unprotected! (Don't confuse with the Krusell Handit case, the one reviewed on Mobileslash. I'd advise against their Classic case, however.

I'm still deciding too. I kinda do like the Covertec.. but it's just those corners! Then there's the reset hole that's not there either. I don't know if I can put a hole like he did in his review. Seems simple though. Anyway, the Covertec can be purchased from Mobileplanet.com. It'll be about $50 bux I think. Oh, and it's available on Sept 15th too.

maikii
08-29-2003, 04:38 AM
[quote="maikii"][quote=nik19]Here's a pretty good Anyway, the Covertec can be purchased from Mobileplanet.com. It'll be about $50 bux I think. Oh, and it's available on Sept 15th too.

I believe the Covertec web site (which is on Mobile Planet, for the US) says $39.95, so about $40 "bux" ;-). I don't recall what they charge for "shipping" though. It also wasn't clear to me what the return policy is.

maikii
08-29-2003, 02:33 PM
[quote="nik19 I'm still deciding too. I kinda do like the Covertec.. but it's just those corners! Then there's the reset hole that's not there either. [/quote]

The Krusell Handit (not the one I got, the one with the leather flap covering the keyboard) also has open corners. I wonder what the point of that is, since there are no ports on the corners. They think it's stylish? Or to save leather? (The Krusell Classic case I got does cover the corners, but as I said, has no coverage for the screen, the most vulnerable part!)

(Both Krusells do have holes on the back for the reset hole though.)