View Full Version : Wisbar Advanced: Looking for Good Skin Sites

petvas
08-24-2003, 12:18 PM
I am looking for skins for WisBar Advanced. I would prefer skins that are specifically designed for WisBar Advanced...
I have only found www.pdagold.com
(and they have old skins)

Jereboam
08-24-2003, 04:27 PM
I also would like to see more good skins/themes for WA. Unfortunately there aren't many about, and the ones that come up on Google are usually for the old versions and not much cop, frankly (sorry, skinners!!).

So short answer - there aren't any. Long answer follows.... :)

I found a huge pack of XP-like toolbars and buttons, from which I cobbled together something that suits me. It's called Lightman's eXperience, you should be able to find it in Pelmar Inc's forums.

The other thing, of course, is to head for WinCustomize, the official repository for Snoopsoft Dashboard skins, where most skin authors will bundle either a WA or Icbar skin with the Dashboard skin (for the newer versions at least). I thought Clarity by Juni (he's the best skinner there) was awesome, and I am trying that one out now...unfortunately due to the nature of Dashboard, if you don't have it there is sometimes a little discontinuity (as with Dashboard the whole thing kind of blends together, you'll see what I mean) but I am now considering trying Dashboard too...version 2 is just about finished and is looking good although I will wait for it to come out of beta.

That should save you some time...trust me, I've looked hard. If you want me to send you my XP-ish theme, which - without blowing any trumpets - looks pretty good, drop me a line...it's only a few kb.

J

Lex
02-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Just saw this post while searching.

Try: http://koti.welho.com/kruohio/wa.html

'Scuba' is really cool.

juni
02-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Yup, I always make a Wisbar Advance skin for my themes, plus I have a section just for WA and today themes. :)

Here is Lakeridge Softwares own skin page:

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/wisbar/skins/index.html

and Lightman also makes cool skins:

http://www.lightman.pdahit.com/lm_skins.htm

(especially his attraction skin is awesome). :)

Lex
02-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Juni, as we say in the states, 'You are the MAN' when it comes to WA skin design.

One thing missing seems to be a science fiction skin & theme for WA.

Think Mech Warrior, the PC game, or something similar.

The other thing I've noticed is there are not many themes for WA in general. I see 3 total at Lakeridge Software and 7 at the site to which he links.

Finally, everyone seems to work in silver and blue. There's almost nothing in Red ! Maybe pastels are required for buttons to show up? A silver bar with red buttons maybe?

Juni has the most WA skins and sci. fi. might be an interesting area to develop.

Customers, line up but I'm first ! :D

juni
02-16-2004, 12:14 PM
I was actually planning an "old style" scifi skin, you know...images from scifi covers from the 30s and 40s. But it is still just an idea. :)