View Full Version : Can't order any Axim's from Dell...the site's down!

David Prahl
08-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Has anyone else noticed that you can't order either of the Axims from Dell.com? Anyone know when this started?

According to their site:

"We are having technical difficulties

We're sorry, the system you are seeking is no longer available.

While the Store may be down, Dell is still open for business. Please call 1-800-915-3355 to place your order or to inquire about a product of interest.

Or, click here to select a different system from our product list."

How about you? Did you "call or go online" to get your Axim?

David Prahl
08-24-2003, 12:26 AM
SORRY!

I submitted the poll and went in to remove an extra apostrophe. The poll didn't show up when I re-submitted it, so I re-made it! Arrggh!

Steven Cedrone
08-24-2003, 12:36 AM
If you want to try an experiment, I can try to edit your post...

Steve

David Prahl
08-24-2003, 12:41 AM
Sure! It's not that great a poll, so feel free to edit it (or blow it away, for that matter!).

You have the conn. :mrgreen:

Steven Cedrone
08-24-2003, 01:05 AM
Fixed...

Steve

PetiteFlower
08-24-2003, 01:10 AM
It's kind of a silly poll though if all you're worried about is the site being temporarily down, I'm sure it will be back up soon. I ordered mine online but that was in January.

David Prahl
08-24-2003, 01:13 AM
I thought of the poll as an afterthought. It can "survive" even when the site comes back up.

maximus
08-25-2003, 01:58 AM
Placed the order online, then a sales-rep called me. Nice lady, she helps me expedite my order (4 days between placing the order and having the axim in my hand) and asked if I can refer my friends to her.

Dell should have a referral point program, something like 'Refer your friends to us, and after 20 axims sold to your referrals, we will give you another axim ...' :mrgreen:

nosmohtac
08-25-2003, 05:42 AM
I have a few friends that want to order a Dell Axim. I think with the discounts on their site, it comes to around 293.00.

Does anybody no of any other coupons or affiliate links, for a great buy on an axim?

David Prahl
08-25-2003, 01:27 PM
You can buy it from the Educational or Small Business stores as well (if you're in said organizations).

It really annoys me when people buy from Edu. just to save money! :evil:

nosmohtac
08-25-2003, 03:08 PM
You can buy it from the Educational or Small Business stores as well (if you're in said organizations).

It really annoys me when people buy from Edu. just to save money! :evil:

Do you mean, if they aren't a student or instructor? Otherwise, I try to save money with any option available. I am not going to lie to do it, but I hardly ever buy a more expensive device for the retail price. :?

David Prahl
08-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Yes, I've heard of people who have made up a small business just to get the discount.