View Full Version : adding a new contact

CEONelson
08-23-2003, 08:26 PM
when I add a new contact to the contacts list it defaults to last, first. Is there a way to get it to show as first last in the list? WM2003 on a 2210.

petvas
08-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Pocket Informant can do that. Visit www.pocketinformant.com for more info... :wink:

Jason Dunn
08-23-2003, 09:54 PM
Pocket Contacts shows you the FILEAS information - so you need to look in your Outlook contacts and change them to FIRSTNAME LASTNAME. You may also want to change the Outlook default from LASNAME, FIRSTNAME to the reverse (it's in contact options I believe).

Steven Cedrone
08-23-2003, 10:05 PM
Pocket Contacts shows you the FILEAS information - so you need to look in your Outlook contacts and change them to FIRSTNAME LASTNAME.

I think (and I'll have to check) as soon as you edit a contact on the Pocket PC, it will change back to default (Last, First) until you sync again...

Steve

Jason Dunn
08-23-2003, 10:23 PM
I think (and I'll have to check) as soon as you edit a contact on the Pocket PC, it will change back to default (Last, First) until you sync again...

I think it maintains it when you edit it, but when you create a new contact on the Pocket PC, the FILEAS name is LASTNAME,FIRSTNAME - no way to change that.

Steven Cedrone
08-23-2003, 10:25 PM
I think it maintains it when you edit it, but when you create a new contact on the Pocket PC, the FILEAS name is LASTNAME,FIRSTNAME - no way to change that.

Oh, O.K... :way to go:

I knew I was doing something that made it default back to L,F...

Steve

CEONelson
08-24-2003, 06:44 AM

Stupid Microsoft. Why didn't they just add an option for it like it is in Outlook, or make it read the Outlook option? GRR!

droppedd
08-24-2003, 07:08 AM
heh. still better than trying to mess with it in Palm OS. I just picked back up my Clie T415 (which i actually almost kinda miss, form-factor-wise; it makes my hp 2210 look fat). You have exactly two choices for views: Last, First or Company, Last. Hah.