View Full Version : Audiovox phone reception

Kati Compton
08-22-2003, 07:23 PM
I've decided to switch over to the Virgin Mobile plan since I don't use my cell phone too much. There's two different (somewhat large) Kyocera phones available, but there's also a small Audiovox flip phone (the Vox 8500 (http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=1743904&langId=-1))

Anyone using this phone? If so, what are your experiences with how the reception compares to other phones? Should I return it (it's unopened) and get a (cheaper) Kyocera even though they're bigger?

Roosterman
08-24-2003, 02:29 AM
I have had the AudioVox for about 3 months. I also don't use a cell phone too much. Can't help with how the reception is compared to others because I haven't had others :) . If by reception you mean network availability it has been great. Took a trip east, I live in WI, to PA, DC, VA and WV. WV was the only problem with the mountains. As long as you are along a major highway or in a major city you should have connetion.

If by reception you mean quality of sound when using, it is fine. Not like a regular land phone but no problem with hearing or being heard.

As for the size I chose it because it is so small and easy to carry in a pocket. I try not to be too affected by the appearance of things but I couldn't help myself when I looked at this one and the klunky Kyocera.

Kati Compton
08-24-2003, 03:55 AM
I did end up getting the Audiovox. Now if only I can stop feeling like to use the phone I should be under 21 and greasy.... The Virgin Mobile advertising is NOT targeted to me.

Roosterman
08-24-2003, 04:27 PM
I did end up getting the Audiovox. Now if only I can stop feeling like to use the phone I should be under 21 and greasy.... The Virgin Mobile advertising is NOT targeted to me.

Nor me. It is more for my college age son. It does however fit my need for a phone that can be used in an emergency and not cost an arm and a leg.

maximus
08-25-2003, 01:42 AM

All the mobile phones that I used are motorola's clamshell phones (startac 90, startac X, startac V 2366, startac V 8088, startac V60, T720 ... and currently waiting for the V600). They look cool on people from all ages (I think) :lol:

They are so convenient to use when you are lying down, just put it on you ear, and you can actually felt as if you are asleep while talking on the phone. :D

Janak Parekh
08-25-2003, 02:27 AM
All the mobile phones that I used are motorola's clamshell phones (startac 90, startac X, startac V 2366, startac V 8088, startac V60, T720 ... and currently waiting for the V600). They look cool on people from all ages (I think) :lol:
It's not that; VM's Audiovox looks quite nice, too (one of the nicest-looking Audiovox phones I've ever seen, actually). It's Virgin's website (http://www.virginmobileusa.com/) that's the problem. Example: the navel shot on the frontpage. Explain why that's there, please. ;)

--janak

Kati Compton
08-25-2003, 03:37 AM
Example: the navel shot on the frontpage. Explain why that's there, please. ;)
I still say that pictures is why my husband wanted me to switch services...

maximus
08-25-2003, 05:10 AM
It's not that; VM's Audiovox looks quite nice, too (one of the nicest-looking Audiovox phones I've ever seen, actually). It's Virgin's website (http://www.virginmobileusa.com/) that's the problem. Example: the navel shot on the frontpage. Explain why that's there, please. ;)

--janak

Well, what do you expect from a 'virgin' company ? They are still trying to be decent by putting a navel on their homepage ... imagine if they go a little bit south :p

Kati Compton
08-25-2003, 06:04 AM
Well, what do you expect from a 'virgin' company ? They are still trying to be decent by putting a navel on their homepage ... imagine if they go a little bit south :p
:twak: