View Full Version : How do you find Cleartype on your Devices?

petvas
08-22-2003, 12:08 AM
I was wondering, do you like Cleartype? I find it very nice for my laptop and LCD Monitor on my Desktop. On my iPaq H5555 (and all other devices I owned, Loox & most iPaq models) I find it blurred. It does provide better resolution but it is very tiring. What do you think about it?

Dave Beauvais
08-22-2003, 12:28 AM
Personally, I love it. I find that it improves character spacing and makes rounded portions of letters look, well, round. It also makes very small font sizes readable. In Pocket Word or some other app where you can control font size, set the font to, say, 6 or 7 points. Without ClearType, it's just a bunch of unreadable dots. With ClearType on, however, you get text that you can actually read.

I guess text does look a little blurred, but I've gotten so used to it, that I can't stand reading on my Pocket PC without ClearType. I just wish ClearType could be enabled system-wide as it is in Windows XP instead of only in apps or parts of the OS that were designed to use it.

--Dave

dean_shan
08-22-2003, 01:05 AM
I keep clear type on all the time. And like Dave says "It makes things look round". I like that look. Makes it easier on the eyes.

Qman
08-22-2003, 01:13 AM
Yes I like it and have it turned on full time also from what I can tell under WM 2003 its now system-wide as it is in Windows XP. At least it is with every app/program that I have installed. :lol:

petvas
08-22-2003, 01:18 AM
Wow... I didn't expect that everybody here loves Cleartype...
I asked the same question in a German Forum and the results were just the opposite... Hard to explain...
I will try it again but I think I won't be able to get over the blurry look...

Qman
08-22-2003, 01:48 AM
Yes that the blurry look was with Pocket PC 2002 but it has have been removed/improved in WM2003 as far as I can tell! 8)

starmanone
08-22-2003, 04:27 PM
How do you turn on clear type on the ipaq 2215

SHoTTa35
08-22-2003, 04:53 PM
Start, Settings, Screen for me... right where you align the screen, below it is the option to enable it. Then i visit cleartype tuner in settings to customize it.

qmrq
08-22-2003, 06:18 PM
I just wish ClearType could be enabled system-wide as it is in Windows XP instead of only in apps or parts of the OS that were designed to use it.

--Dave

It can be. Pull out your favorite registry editor and look here (http://riisconsulting.dyndns.org/cleartype/).