View Full Version : Where in the World Is Dale's Site!?

TomB
08-21-2003, 02:40 PM
First Dale was missing in action, then the "Where's Dale?" thread disappeared - NOW THE ENTIRE SITE IS GONE! As the "Where's Dale" thread hinted at, there may be an alien invasion happening in Texas, OR Dale is finally getting his site transferred to a new server. Does anyone know what is going on (please no more alien stories!)? :)

Eitel
08-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Hmmm, an alien invasion in Texas is transfering Dale's site to a new server?? :confused totally:

Jason Dunn
08-21-2003, 03:29 PM
My guess it's a server switch that went wrong...

Don't Panic!
08-21-2003, 03:40 PM
I'm almost positive the site has been dragged through a black hole and is currently residing somewhere in the Year 2000. Please no cracks about the gravitational stresses of a black hole destroying the site, a website has no mass to be affected. :wink:

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Sooner Al
08-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Two words... Area 51 (http://www.fas.org/irp/overhead/groom.htm)... 0X

MultiMatt
08-22-2003, 12:42 AM
It has to be absolutely maddening for that to be happening to his site.

It's been on-again, off-again for a few days now. Lately I've been visiting the Samsung i700 forums over there, because it appears that there isn't much activity for that topic here on Thoughts...

Jason - perhaps the reason for the relative inactivity on the Samsung forum here is due to the fact that it is separate from the Pocket PC Phone Edition threads... that, and the fact that it is so much further down than the PPC-PE topic...
I think it gets overlooked...

Just a thought for Thoughts! :roll:

Matt

petvas
08-22-2003, 01:00 AM
I believe we will see Dale again with a much improved Site...Be patient!!!

davidspalding
08-22-2003, 02:41 AM
y'know, though he's a MS MVP, and he gets lots of traffic, his site is for all appearances an enthusiast site (though he has it registered under Pocket PC Passion, Inc., so I could be wrong). Sometimes enthusiast sites get lost in teh shuffle of day jobs, family obligations, et al.

The people over at ppcpassion.com who screamed "Where's Dale?" and "This site has OLD NEWS!" need to get out more, imHo.

TomB
08-22-2003, 04:11 PM
"Where's Dale" was summertime fun as was this thread, with an undercurrent of concern for someone the PPC community has grown up with. As far as his site, man what a commitment that must be for him! I hope things go well for Dale and he will be making his annual appearance at PCExpo in a few weeks. Jason, how about you - are you coming down this year?

David Prahl
08-22-2003, 04:24 PM
More than 2 months since the first front page post.

If I was in his place, I'd start yelling at my web host. "Fix it in 24 hours or I'm moving."

Maybe we could take up a collection to get his site re-started. If his FrontPage extensions are corrupt, there's always "Notepad!"

davidspalding
08-22-2003, 05:29 PM
"Where's Dale" was summertime fun as was this thread, with an undercurrent of concern for someone the PPC community has grown up with. ...

I think you know what threads I'm talking about, Tom. I didn't mean the jovial ones. At last glance, there were at least 3-4 threads in which lurkers and newbies were complaining about the site's lack of regular updates, despite several very visible posts from Dale, and the one where he was asking for suggestions to clear his Front Page problem.

David, I don't claim to know Dale's situation, but I'm guessing that his site may be hosted on charity or "friends and family 'net" servers, like mine are, so saying "fix it!" isn't practical. Everybody's situation is diff'rent. Hence my impatience with the idiots on his site who posted, on one occasion for the first time, to complain about his management of his own site. Sheesh. Again, some of those people need to get a life.

Janak Parekh
08-22-2003, 05:30 PM
FWIW, the site has just come back up... old version, but the forums are back. And with the server's time updated.

--janak