View Full Version : Can ActiveSync work over a Windows emulator for Mac?

Prevost
08-20-2003, 06:09 AM
Another way to read the question: Can you Activesync a PocketPC to a Mac via a Windows emulator like Microsoft's Virtual Windows? Or, Can you use a PocketPC if your desktop system is a Mac?

jkendrick
08-20-2003, 11:59 AM
Use PocketMac. Sorry I thought I had the URL- I'll post it shortly.

Prevost
08-20-2003, 09:18 PM
I found the url, but also some additional info telling me it is tricky. This more likely is to be interpreted at least for me that it can render unusable. Anyway, have you tried it?

Also, the original question keeps on...

bmhome1
08-21-2003, 12:03 AM
I am 100% Mac based and use OS10.2.6 running VPC6 with 98SE and XP Home to USB Activesync my iPaq 3955 daily. It works totally reliabily for me both syncing data and installing applications via .exe installers. Be aware that others have less sucessful results using VPC than I experience. It's all in the details. Tips for success posted here temporarily (won't last long as Connectix sold VPC to Microsoft and forums have limited life now):

http://forum.connectix.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=57;t=000265

PocketMac and MissingsyncPPC (markspace.com) offer Mac syncing, but easy application installs and updaters really still require a PC in some form.

jkendrick
08-21-2003, 02:23 AM
I am 100% Mac based and use OS10.2.6 running VPC6 with 98SE and XP Home to USB Activesync my iPaq 3955 daily. It works totally reliabily for me both syncing data and installing applications via .exe installers. Be aware that others have less sucessful results using VPC than I experience. It's all in the details. Tips for success posted here temporarily (won't last long as Connectix sold VPC to Microsoft and forums have limited life now):

http://forum.connectix.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=57;t=000265

PocketMac and MissingsyncPPC (markspace.com) offer Mac syncing, but easy application installs and updaters really still require a PC in some form.

Using this setup under VPC do you sync it to Outlook? If so, how do you keep it synced with Entourage or whatever you're using? I know that would work well for installing apps and such. I have a couple friends who swear by the current version of PocketMac for syncing the PIM data.