View Full Version : Whats the big deal?

stress_bob
08-20-2003, 12:10 AM
Whats the big deal about PPC2003? why should I spend the extra money to get it?? I'M POOR HELP ME!

dh
08-20-2003, 12:36 AM
That is a good point. I ordered the upgrade on the first possible day, so it should appear at some point.

Thing is, my Axim is working perfectly. The only program that was causing me problems was MS Reader which I solved by converting my books to other formats.

Seems to me, the upgrade can't really make things much better, but has potential to make them worse.

When my CD arrives I'm sure I'll try it. At least I have the Dell ROM file still so I should be able to go back to PPC2002.

deich
08-25-2003, 02:06 AM
Ummm .. you may not be able to go back. The upate software examines the Dell to make sure the OS is "valid". In the past, this feature has prevented re-installing an earlier ROM over a more recent ROM. If you dig, you can find work-arounds, but definately not Dell - supported. I would say, don't update until you're pretty sure you want to update.

Personally, I don't plan to update. My Ax works just great, thanks. Maybe someday there will be a program that I want to use that requires a new ROM. That would be when I would want to update. Just MHO.

PetiteFlower
08-25-2003, 05:55 AM
I might update, the speed increases are enticing. But I'm waiting to hear how the early adopter masses fare when they finally get their upgrades before I spend the money :)