View Full Version : Calling All Icon Designers

Jason Dunn
08-19-2003, 05:45 AM
I'm on a icon kit lately where I'm trying to assign cool icons to all sorts of files and folders. So where the heck are the Pocket PC and Smartphone icons? Few and far between I tell you! Has anyone found a good collection of PDA-style icons? Any icon designers out there willing to take on the task of designing some cool icons? I'd be happy to host them here if someone wants to create them.<br /><br /><b>UPDATE:</b> I'm referring to assigning icons to my desktop PC, and the lack of good Pocket PC/PDA icons in the skinning/mod world. I'm not referring to changing the icons on my Pocket PC. :-)

ppcsurfr
08-19-2003, 07:28 AM
Well, you can find th icons of the Pocket PC and the Smartphone in either Shell.exe, some *.dll files or the appropriate *.exe files.

What I did before was use the *.dll from PocketFacelift, lifted it from the application, ran it through exescope, and replaced the icons with my own. Now, since my whole intention was to use it for folder icons only, I didn't need Facelift altogether since I was on PPC2002, but then I know that there is a *.dll out there now made available for just this purpose.

Now... to find it. Also, has anyone developed a utility to simply change icons of even built-in apps that is not PocketFacelift...

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

sponge
08-19-2003, 07:49 AM
From what I gather, PocketPCs don't support icons in the sense we know them, hence the reason icons for PPC are far and few between.

Jason Dunn
08-19-2003, 03:02 PM
From what I gather, PocketPCs don't support icons in the sense we know them, hence the reason icons for PPC are far and few between.

Sorry, it seems I wasn't clear: I'm looking for icons for my DESKTOP PC. :-)

Pat Logsdon
08-19-2003, 04:35 PM
I use Gort's Icons (http://www.forrestwalter.com/icons/index.html) on both my desktop and PPC.

:way to go: