View Full Version : Ipaq 5550 with an expanded battery

08-18-2003, 11:20 PM
I am considering buying the expanded battery for my 5550 Ipaq that I just ordered. does anyone have any feedback on these? How long do they last, does it add alot of bulk to the unit, case information, etc. I had the extended battery on my Samsung I700, and I loved the extra battery life. that thing lasted all day without a problem. do any of you have the extended battery, and if so, how long does it last?

Chris Pi
08-19-2003, 08:21 PM
I'm looking into buying the Extended Battery for my 5550 too. What I'd like to know is if the adapter that comes with the Extended Battery to put in the Standalone/Standup Charger will charge my Slim Batteries as well?

petvas
08-19-2003, 11:11 PM
I'm looking into buying the Extended Battery for my 5550 too. What I'd like to know is if the adapter that comes with the Extended Battery to put in the Standalone/Standup Charger will charge my Slim Batteries as well?

Yes it will!!!
I own two extra batteries:

* One Slim one (Made In Denmark). This one is far better than the original Korean. It provides at least 30% more lifetime than the original :lol:

* One Extended (Made in Denmark also). This one provides at least 12 hours continuous usage...It makes the device a little bigger, but the Beltcase has no problem with that!!! Of course WiFi usage reduces battery life to 5 to 6 hours...

Chris Pi
08-19-2003, 11:29 PM

Yes it will!!!
I own two extra batteries:

* One Slim one (Made In Denmark). This one is far better than the original Korean. It provides at least 30% more lifetime than the original :lol:

* One Extended (Made in Denmark also). This one provides at least 12 hours continuous usage...It makes the device a little bigger, but the Beltcase has no problem with that!!! Of course WiFi usage reduces battery life to 5 to 6 hours...

Can you charge 2 batteries on 1 adapter?

petvas
08-19-2003, 11:44 PM
I don't see how I could do that..
One battery at a time... :(

Chris Pi
08-19-2003, 11:49 PM
I don't see how I could do that..
One battery at a time... :(

Ok, it's just that the standalone charger is advertised as being able to charge 2 batteries. So does it take 2 adapters?

petvas
08-20-2003, 12:06 AM
No, it doesn't. It only charges a battery at a time...
Have a look at http://h30143.www3.hp.com/configure2.cfm?oid=306696

There says:
This product combines the features of a travel charger and a desktop charger for your extra Expansion Pack batteries. It recharges both the Slim and Extended Batteries so you're never without battery power. The Battery Charger comes with a convenient desktop base or it can be used by itself when you're traveling.
Note: Slim and Extended Batteries sold separately.

Chris Pi
08-20-2003, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the info. Petvas,

Chris

iant54
08-20-2003, 11:44 AM
The Battery Charger itself will charge two Expansion Pack batteries at a time - presumably, to charge two replacement batteries, you have to have an adapter for each battery?

petvas
08-20-2003, 01:51 PM
I do have two adapters. I still cannot see how I can charge both batteries the same time!!!

iant54
08-20-2003, 02:58 PM
One on either side of the upright! The charger comes with a removable plastic cover over one side, but I can assure you that it is possible to charge two batteries at the same time.

Chris Pi
08-20-2003, 03:16 PM
I do have two adapters. I still cannot see how I can charge both batteries the same time!!!

There may be a re-movable plastic placeholder on the half of the charger that you are not using. Maybe it's removable.

petvas
08-20-2003, 11:18 PM
YES IT IS!!! Now I charge two batteries at once!!! That's great!!! :lol:

Cornish
08-21-2003, 01:52 AM
How long does the new bigger bateries last for I have found nothing telling me on the HP site.

Hope some can tell us.

Cheeers

petvas
08-21-2003, 09:30 AM
How long does the new bigger bateries last for I have found nothing telling me on the HP site.

Hope some can tell us.

Cheeers
It really depends on how you use your PPC. If you are surfing the Internet via WiFi then don't expect more than 5 to 6 hours lifetime. Of course another role plays the backlight setting. I always have it at the middle and I get at least 8 hours of gameplay with the extended battery.
Normal day to day usage (without any gaming) with frequent BT connections to get my email do not trouble the Slim or the Extended Battery at all. I can use my iPaq for many hours without any problems...