View Full Version : Calendar Question - Is This Possible?

Jon Westfall
08-17-2003, 06:17 AM
Is it possible to do either of the following:

1. In the Calendar, specify specifically EXCLUDING a category from the view. i.e. Some of my appointments don't have categories and I want them to appear, and I want all of the appointments marked in a certain category to not appear.

2. If the above isn't possible, Does anyone know of a way in Outlook 2000 or Outlook XP to set a default category for new appointments?

Update: Added a third question:

3. If None of the above is possible, anyone know of a third-party program that can sync with outlook and exclude/include specific categories?

Thanks,
Jon Westfall.

ironguy
08-17-2003, 03:08 PM
PI will do most of this (and maybe Agenda Fusion - not familiar with it)
1. PI has a views option. You can choose multiple categories to view. You could create a 'None' category and include it, yet still have categorized appts not included.
2. You can create a new form in OL, either 2000 or XP. The simplest way would be to open the appt form and edit it. Tools, Forms, Design a Form. You can then create anything you want. You can specify categories, address groups, backgrounds, etc. Then use the form for your email.
3. Believe it or not, Active Sync can do this. Open Options, highlight Calendar, select Settings. The third radio button is for including or excluding specific categories.

Have fun!