View Full Version : 2215 and Nevo...

Steven Cedrone
08-17-2003, 03:56 AM
What can I say, I love Nevo!!!

A couch potatoes' dream come true!!! :wink:

Steve

Janak Parekh
08-17-2003, 05:16 AM
That's only true if you also made that post wirelessly from your iPAQ while switching channels on it on your comfy couch. ;)

--janak

Steven Cedrone
08-17-2003, 06:01 AM
That's only true if you also made that post wirelessly from your iPAQ while switching channels on it on your comfy couch. ;)

--janak

Soon... :way to go:

I am slowly adding my programs and hardware to the 2215. I haven't used my Wireless Networker yet (will use the Socket Drivers)...

Probably tomorrow...

After that, train the dog to get me my beers... :wink:

Steve

ironguy
08-17-2003, 03:19 PM
Too bad Nevo doesn't work directly with Pocket TV Listings or Pocket TV Browser. Download your TV listings wirelessly, open the listing, tap on a program. Nevo either goes to the program directly or schedules it. You could set up your whole evenings schedule, set your iPaq on the table and not move anything except your elbow. (Ever notice that your elbow is connected to your mouth? Try this: hold a beer. lift arm. as elbow moves, mouth opens!)

Autarch
08-17-2003, 05:58 PM
Nevo is also great if you have young kids that like to wander around with the remotes.

ironguy
08-18-2003, 06:51 PM
I was at our friends house. They have a 72 inch Mitsubishi with DirecTV. Guess what? Couldn't find the TV remote. I whipped out my 2215/Nevo, popped up a TV with Mitsu, and Badda Bing, Badda Boom! We had a remote!

The sound of jaws dropping could be heard throughout the room.

Huy
08-18-2003, 07:32 PM
I was working out at Gold's Gym last week ...took a quick break to watch the news but the TV was on some Spanish Soap Opera (I must confess sometime I put those spanish shows on mute just to what those gorgeous ladies....hahahaa) ....so what did I do?...I whipped out my H2210 and adios Spanish soap and hola CNBC.

Godsongz
08-18-2003, 08:06 PM
I like Nevo, simple, quick setup, functional... but it is missing a few things. Now, is there any reason not to use another remote controller software with the 2200's? The consumer-level IR will still but just as consumer-level with another remote control application right?

I tried a few about 6 months ago with my 3835 but it's IR was way too limited. As I recall though I really liked the voice-operated functionality of PDAwin's "TV Remote Controller 5.5" (http://www.pdawin.com)

Mark_Venture
08-19-2003, 04:45 AM
I tried a few about 6 months ago with my 3835 but it's IR was way too limited. As I recall though I really liked the voice-operated functionality of PDAwin's "TV Remote Controller 5.5" (http://www.pdawin.com) I tried version 4.4 of PDAWin's TV Remote Controller on my iPAQ 2215. It didn't work. Version 5.5 was released recently and seems to work ok on my iPAQ, but I am just starting to play with it. For me, the IR range is the same as NEVO, just over about 30 feet.

I like how TV Remote Controller can be customized using CCFs and discrete codes.

BUT there are a couple of quirks keeping me from purchasing it...

1. I am having trobles learning the buttons from my Pioneer VSX-21's remote. I found descrete codes for some functions and pasted them in to my CCF via Pronto Edit. They work. It does fine learning from the remotes for my Sony TV, Sony VCR and General Instruments Digital cable box. I have yet to try to learn the functions for my Pioneer CD, DVD, and Tape players.

2. Sometimes pressing a key makes the sound like IR was sent, but the function doesn't happen. Other times it works fine.

3. Repeated IR sending doesn't work too well... Like when you hold volume +/- or channel +/- it sends really slow.. two or three times slower than my Sony RM-VL900 or other remotes. i.e. with my sony remote (RM-VL900), I can take the volume on my Pioneer VSX-21 Receiver from 0 to 100% in about 10 seconds. With TV Remote Controller on the iPAQ it takes nearly 40 seconds. Nevo does it in about 12 or 15 seconds.

maximus
08-19-2003, 07:58 AM
Nevo is also great if you have young kids that like to wander around with the remotes

I have a funny story on that.

I was in a friend's house, and they have 3 kids (5, 7 and 7 years old). These kids are trying to watch 3 different channels at the same time, hence they have an agreement to switch channel every 5 seconds. One kid was assigned to manage the TV remote. Watching the TV for 2 minutes, my eyes start blurring. So I decided to play with the kids.

I used nevo to change the channel randomly. Next thing I know, the kid who is in charge of the TV remote threw the remote away, and the 3 of them were running out of the room, crying. They shouted that there is a ghost in the room.

I spent the next 30 minutes apologizing to my friend. :oops:

Steven Cedrone
08-19-2003, 05:12 PM

But you got to watch your show, right??? :wink:

Steve

PoweriPaq
08-19-2003, 07:27 PM
I used my Nevo when I travel. Especially at the hotel. I even use Nevo to control my Sony DV Camcorder.

maximus
08-21-2003, 11:33 AM

But you got to watch your show, right??? :wink:

Steve

Not really. During the random channel switching period, I was trying (as hard as I could) not to laugh. :mrgreen:

AndyD
08-28-2003, 01:06 AM
Too bad Nevo doesn't work directly with Pocket TV Listings or Pocket TV Browser. Download your TV listings wirelessly, open the listing, tap on a program. Nevo either goes to the program directly or schedules it. You could set up your whole evenings schedule, set your iPaq on the table and not move anything except your elbow. (Ever notice that your elbow is connected to your mouth? Try this: hold a beer. lift arm. as elbow moves, mouth opens!)

Official word from Nevo... :)

"Hello,
We are sorry for the length of time it has taken to respond to your message. Our email system has been swamped with literally thousands of messages containing the last four viruses that have been plaguing the internet. As a result, we have been unable to send or receive messages.
We are sorry for your inconvenience.

We do not have any immediate plans for TV listings, but as my boss says, "Everything's on the table!". We are constantly looking for new ways to enhance Nevo, so I will pass the idea on and see if there interest. Please include all original correspondence in your reply to enable me to process your query faster.

Thank You,
John White
Universal Electronics Inc.
[email protected]"

AndyD
08-28-2003, 01:11 AM
Start sending in those emails guys :)

Tiberian
09-02-2003, 07:42 PM
Okay, try this on for size. Just got my new 2215 w/Nevo of course. Have my home PC connected to my home theater system via coaxial SPDIF. I have RemoteAmp from Smashcasi installed and running so I can remotely call up my playlists from WinAmp. I also use X10 in the house. So now with one Pocket PC, a CF WiFi card, and a little imagination I can now control my entire home entertainment center without 18 different remotes!

THIS ROCKS!!! :rock on dude!:

JustinGTP
09-02-2003, 11:50 PM
He He, I have a 2215 w/nevo. Anyways, I was travelling through the US, in minneapolis airport. I come across a newstand with 15 tvs. ALL the same brand. Little did I realize that, and so as I changed the channel on the one TV I was looking at, boom, a big fuzz sound entered the small store with all the tvs displaying the black/white/gray fuzz on the tv with the sound. I had to stop laughing as I left, it was so hard not to laugh, but I managed. Then the people in the store looked so confused!

Ahh, the entertainment one little program can give you.

-Justin.

0X