View Full Version : Pocket Solutions Flip Top

coppertop
08-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Has anyone recieved thier Pocket Solutions Flip top for the HP 22xx series?

Desperate for a simple flip top but hesitant about the velcro. Until someone comes out with one that uses the divots in the back of the device, I'm thinking of getting the Pocket Solutions to hold me over.

What's bad about them?

asok007
08-16-2003, 01:57 PM
I just got the Viewsonic version a couple weeks ago and I've been very happy with it. Over the years I've only used leather cases and finally decided to give the metal cover a try.

I like the fact that it's lightweight and doesn't really increase the size of the device. The hinge at the top is low profile so it doesn't get snagged on things. The hinge is also still nice and stiff (I'm sure that will probably change with more than 2 weeks use) so the top doesn't fly open. Also, the velcro strip is small doesn't really bother me. I've taken the cover off about 8-10 times already and the strip is still holding pretty well.

Some of the things I don't like is that the way it's designed, the flip top doesn't fold all the way back (it opens about 240 degrees or so). It's taken some getting used to, but doesn't bother me as much as before. Also, since the cover doesn't lock down. I have caught it a couple times and flipped open the cover.

All in all, I've been pleasantly surprised. I wasn't sure I would like it, but it's really grown on my. It's nice not to have the bulk added by leather cases.

Again, these comments are on the Viewsonic version, but I imagine the covers are pretty similar.