View Full Version : ever just had ONE of those days????

naquada
08-15-2003, 06:53 PM
well brand spanky new Ipaq navigation system (basically copilot4 live) arrived this morning...

now first problem is that my tabletpc (fujitsu 4110) docking stations CDdrive is a little broken.. no problem I'll mount a remote CD and install from there.... nope.. seems copilot can only be installed from a local CD drive.. otherwise you get all sorts of install errors... odd... so.. off to PCworld to buy the cheapest USB CDrom.. (£80)...

successfully install from that onto the pocketpc.. :D

move the entire POI database and the maps onto my flash card (via flash card reader attached to said docking station...) 90mb later.. remove flash card and put it into the compact flash socket on the GPS jacket...

fire up the software... no copilot maps... hmmm.. check the file explorer.. and no storage card installed... install another card.. same problem... put same cards into the compact flash slot on a normal jacket.. no problem... back in gps jacket.. no card installed...

hmmm... decide to ring HP support...

'hello'
'hi yes my gps jacket doesnt seem to recognise compact flash cards..'
'what version?'
'3660 with hp gps jacket..'
'they arent compatible...'
'they were.. its been navigating me round the UK for the last 2 years!!'
'have you done a soft reset on it?'
'yes'
'have you hard reset it?'
'no and i dont really want to...'
'sorry sir.. you'll have to hard reset it to make sure its not a software issue..'
'but after a hard reset there will be NO software to be an issue..'
'yes'
'ok.. and if after a hard reset it doesnt work?'
'its broken and we'll have to charge you to repair it..'

ok.. this kinda sounds like the old.. toss a woman into a lake.. if she drowns and dies.. shes not a witch.. if she floats and survives we'll burn her as a witch...!!!!

my point here is 1... why is UK hp support SOOOOO bad, everytime i ring them they suggest soft and then hard reset and then 'its broken', and 2. why does technology always break when you dont need it to ???? :roll:

Talldog
08-15-2003, 07:39 PM
why is UK hp support SOOOOO bad, everytime i ring them they suggest soft and then hard reset and then 'its broken'
It's no different here in the U.S. That's the only answer I've ever gotten from them.

That's why I belong to sites like this.
:wink:

naquada
08-15-2003, 07:49 PM
well i'm in the process of doing a FULL backup ready to hard reset ;)

bizzare thing is... why did it work before the upgrade and now doesnt seem to work anymore...

real pain as the new copilot4 live looks fantastic.. add the traffic reporting and auto detour round traffic problems and you have a great app...

just a pain it wont work anymore... how the hell am I gonna work out where I'm going anymore.. i have used a map and directions for almost 2 years!!! scotty (my gps) know everyplace i've ever tried to go.... oh woe is me!!! :roll:

naquada
08-16-2003, 12:14 AM
found it.... needed to install the legacy alkdrivers... :lol: you'd have thought hp would have known that :roll: