View Full Version : compact flash to sdio converter

davidbaldauff
08-15-2003, 03:31 PM
I want to be able to use a comfact flash device in an sdio slot. Has anyone seen such a converter anywhere? I really, really need one.

Thanks in advance!

Jason Dunn
08-15-2003, 04:14 PM
Nope, never heard of anything like that before.

davidbaldauff
08-18-2003, 03:13 AM
Obviously it isn't physically appealing, but for some development purposes it is necessary. I have to believe that if the opposite direction is possible, that there is a CF to SDIO conversion.

Sven Johannsen
08-18-2003, 04:50 AM
Not sure I've ever seen that either. CF to MMC or SD, yes, but not SDIO.

Excalliber
08-18-2003, 05:09 AM
I'm confused... Do you want to use a CF card in an SDIO only PDA, or an SDIO card in a CF slot? The title and posts contradict each other unless I'm mistaken...

1. "I want to be able to use a comfact flash device in an sdio slot."

2. "I have to believe that if the opposite direction is possible, that there is a CF to SDIO conversion."

:?:

davidbaldauff
08-19-2003, 05:11 AM
I have a device which is a compact flash device. I need to use it in an SD/SDIO slot. This is because the device I have to use it with ONLY has an SDIO slot. I hope this clarifies it.

nosmohtac
08-19-2003, 05:30 AM
I thought I saw something like this once. I can't find it now, but this is exactly why I would never go to PPCPE.

I know that a lot of the options that are available for CF are quickly becoming available for SDIO, but at a higher price, and usually a drop in performance.

This is one thing to consider when choosing which PPC you are going to buy.