View Full Version : Today Screen Showing New Emails That don't exist

Icekilled
08-13-2003, 06:44 AM
My today screen is showing 6 new emails. I have checked every single folder on my inbox for "NEW" emails but none appear. I had 2 draft emails ( unread ) lost a while ago. I have hard reset and restored my device thrice. I have to do the math everytime I get new email to see how many real new emails come in... If you've experienced it... how have you solved it?
thx

Pony99CA
08-13-2003, 09:46 AM
My today screen is showing 6 new emails. I have checked every single folder on my inbox for "NEW" emails but none appear. I had 2 draft emails ( unread ) lost a while ago. I have hard reset and restored my device thrice. I have to do the math everytime I get new email to see how many real new emails come in... If you've experienced it... how have you solved it?
You have to delete the E-mail account and recreate it. Of course, you will lose the E-mail for that account on your device.

Steve

Kevin C. Tofel
08-13-2003, 11:19 AM
I've also had similar issues that I've tracked down to a certain circumstance: synching with 2 PC's.

I synch with my work PC for e-mail, calendar items, contacts and tasks. With this one partnership, my PPC is fine. After I add a partnership to synch Money on my home PC, things get weird and I begin to see inaccurate counts of unread e-mails on the Today screen when synching at work again.

What I've found through trial and error is that when I read an e-mail at work in the configuration described above, it does not "disappear" from the Today screen count of messages until I delete it from my work inbox AND my work deleted items. Only then do I get an accurate count of e-mail on the Today screen....quite a pain, since I have to keep emptying my deleted mail folder throughout the day.

Not sure if your scenario is anything like what I've described, but it seems to be such a strange problem with the same symptoms that I thought to pass it along.....

KCT

Icekilled
08-13-2003, 05:03 PM
I have in fact synched between 2 computers (Dekstop and Laptop). I had an unfortunate incident with my desktop's hard drive therefore all is lost on that hard drive and I have no emails at all on the laptop.