View Full Version : Error message when using Slider UPDATE - mechanical issue with Silver Slider

KuroNeko
08-12-2003, 06:56 PM
I got a used Silver Slider 5. Well-packed, no damage to parcel, so I tried it immediately and got this message:

"Expansion Pack Initialisation Failed, please contact your expansion pack manufacturer"

*EDIT* found out what's wrong: when I twist the Ipaq right a bit when inserting, the sleeve is accepted. When I then give the bottom of the Ipaq, where the sleeve connector is located, a little nudge, it will again give the error message. I should add that once 'nudged' (you'll hear a distinct soft click) the Ipaq no longer budges. So I presume that is the proper position, but in that position it won't work.

Is this a common problem with handmade sleeves like the Silver Sliders? Do other sleeves have such issues?

Neko

SassKwatch
08-13-2003, 05:08 AM
SS5 in use here as well. Have used the same one with 38xx, 54xx, and now a 55xx series iPAQ and *never* have had a lick of trouble.

It sounds to me like yours isn't seating quite correctly.(?)

The Half-Ling
08-13-2003, 05:14 AM
Can't say that I've had that problem!

Jake-

KuroNeko
08-13-2003, 12:10 PM
Thanks! Any idea what may be the cause? Can it be fixed?

The guy who sold it says it worked fine on his 2 Ipaqs, but it won't work properly on mine. Packaging was OK, so damage in transit is unlikely.

Is there considerable tolerance in the manufacture of Ipaqs, that could cause this?

Neko