View Full Version : H2210's cases

cychan
08-12-2003, 06:45 PM
I have looking for a new case for my new ipaq2210, any recommdation where I can get a good one. Oh, also, do I need those screen protector?

Bruce Babcock
08-12-2003, 10:33 PM
I'm still looking for a case aslo. I'm useing the delux leather case from HP that Best Buy sells. It is pretty decent but not exactly what I'm looking for. I got a greaat deal as it was a returned item. 8)

As for the screen pertector, if you care enough to put it into a case you problalby should put on the screen protector. you will realy be sold when you pull off an old screen protector and see a blemish free screen. :D

Bruce

sracer
08-12-2003, 11:16 PM
I prefer cases with a swivel belt clip. For some reason, these are hard to find. However, I was at Staples today and found a Belkin leather case with a swivel belt clip for a Palm Zire. ($19) I had my 2215 with me and held it up against the demo Zire, and they were virtually the same size, so I picked one up.

The HP fits perfect and snug in the case. (I may try stretching it a bit)

Bottom line, you may have good luck looking for cases made for other similarly sized devices.

blusparkles
08-13-2003, 12:52 AM
I recently reviewed the Piel Frama case for the 2210 - a bit pricey at 60 euros, though apparently you can get them cheaper on eBay. You can read my review here (http://www.jenneth.info/archives/000313.html)

wocket
08-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Proporta are doing an aluminum case soon.

rpommier
08-13-2003, 06:31 PM
Don't forget the Krusell cases, which are being released today. I have one on order and will post what I think of it. You can get Piel-Frama's on Ebay for around $42. The Krusells are $36 shipped from Data-Nation.

Roderick

cychan
08-13-2003, 06:58 PM
This is the first time that I own a PDA, so the screen proctector is a must to proctect the screen, is it?

rpommier
08-13-2003, 09:45 PM
It's not a must, but it is beneficial to have one. They cut down on glare, provide a better surface to write on and they protect the screen from scratches.

Do a google search for Brando or Boxwave. I've owned both and prefer the Boxwave, the screen is brighter with the Boxwave Cleartouch.

Roderick Pommier

cychan
08-13-2003, 09:49 PM
Thank You very much.

I have problem installing outlook and active sync, my friend is helping me for that, so probably will have more question after that

dac035
08-14-2003, 04:06 AM
I read and heard about Vaja cases. I could not afford one. I used four cases between my three iPAQs. I recently purchased a 2215 and decided to purchase a Vaja.
I recieved it this week and I decided never to purchase another brand again.

Quality,quality, quality. worth every dollar.

www.vajacases.com

old cases: EB, Compaq leather, Krusser, Franklin Planner... ugly standard case

droppedd
08-14-2003, 04:17 AM
yeah i got the vaja (thanks to the $20 discount for PPCThoughts subscribers). I must say, it's a really nice piece of work.

rpommier
08-14-2003, 11:49 AM
I was close to purchasing the Vaja but was taken aback because of shipping. I really saw no reason to pay $16 for shipping, it's nice your happy with your purchase though.

I like the Krusell though, I owned it and a Piel-Frama and found both to be nice.

Rondjones54
08-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Nothing beats a Vaja. Had one for my 3950 and just got one for my 2215. 8)

Chris Spera
08-14-2003, 02:01 PM
You're right when you say nothing beats a Vaja Case. They are the best. They are also the most expensive.

I'd love to see an Ivolution case for my 1945, but shudder to think what it would cost...

Christopher Spera

jgahr
08-14-2003, 11:54 PM
I just got my Vaja for the H2215, when I got home from my road trip. I must say, that with the $20 coupon, even with the $18 shipping, making it $44.00, it is definitely worth it. I took what JohnJohn said about his to heart, and since I have a hole puncher, my brand new case has a power button hole instead of the little metal thing in the lid. I am happy now, giving my Casesonline & Nutshell to the other users in the house.
:mrgreen:

sracer
08-15-2003, 12:07 AM
okay, just checked out the Vaja. A very nice case, but wow...the price! Considering how close it is to the Belkin Zire case, I think that $19 for the Belkin is a good deal.

KiLLiN-TiMe
08-15-2003, 03:16 AM
I just got a case from Casesonline (Http://www.casesonline.com) and I have to tell you I am very pleased.
I ordered the "Belt Case" design in the black "Wallstreet" model. This Belt Case has a spring clip that is fairly wide (over an inch) and rivited in place (I once bought a cheap case for my dell that the spring clip was stiched in... that lasted a month :roll: ).
What I think is nice about the case is how it is sideways compaired to most cases. But this design makes it much more confortable to wear and sit down with it on.
The case is nicely stiched and made from good quality leather. And the HP logo on the flap looks pretty sharp.
The flap is held down by 4 magenets. These 4 magenets are quite large (about 1/2" by 3/8") and pretty powerful which should keep my baby right where she belongs. :lol:
Check it out, I REALLY LIKE IT!

blusparkles
08-15-2003, 03:36 AM
okay, just checked out the Vaja. A very nice case, but wow...the price! Considering how close it is to the Belkin Zire case, I think that $19 for the Belkin is a good deal.

Aaargh - Belkin cases are low low quality, especially when compared to Vaja. I've tried them - they don't fit as tightly, thread stitching not as precise, and the quality of the leather isn't really anything to write home about. If you want quality over just basic protection, then really nothing compares to Vaja.

salman
08-15-2003, 05:17 AM
I recently wrote a review on a case for the 2210:

http://www.ipaq.net/content.aspx?articleID=28

hth

txcas
08-15-2003, 05:05 PM
The Ipaq 221x feels so good bare, that I don't want to mess it up with leather around it. The Caseonline belt case looks like a quality product plus it will let me use the Ipaq "naked". I think that is the one that I will get.

sracer
08-15-2003, 05:28 PM

Aaargh - Belkin cases are low low quality, especially when compared to Vaja. I've tried them - they don't fit as tightly, thread stitching not as precise, and the quality of the leather isn't really anything to write home about. If you want quality over just basic protection, then really nothing compares to Vaja.

I've used Belkin cases before... the last was using a Toshiba E310 case for my Audiovox Maestro. I found the case to hold up very well and fit snugly. Their Zire case fits the 2215 like a glove.

precise stitching? quality of the leather? My needs in a PPC case are that it protects the device, allows me to conveniently carry my PPC with me and easily use it in mobile situations, durable, and have an unobtrusive appearance. For me, the Belkin case fits those needs so is, by definition, a quality case.

I don't want some expensive-looking case hanging from my belt drawing any unwanted attention. I like the non-descript look of the Belkin, it could be a PDA, it could be a scientific calculator, it could be a pager... you really couldn't tell. And that's the way I like it.

I know that Vaja cases are "all the rage" and they're "the ones" to get... but for those who are looking for a serviceable case that will protect their devices and help stretch their PDA budget a bit further, the Belkin case serves quite nicely for the price.

KiLLiN-TiMe
08-15-2003, 11:42 PM
The Ipaq 221x feels so good bare, that I don't want to mess it up with leather around it. The Caseonline belt case looks like a quality product plus it will let me use the Ipaq "naked". I think that is the one that I will get.
That is one of the things I like best about it! It is such a beautiful unit why would anyone want to cover it up.
Plus one of the things I like best is the size of the 2210 / 2215. Why would one want to stick a case around it that is just going to make it that much larger? Thats why I went with a pouch style case. I liked the way it fit in my hand and didn't want to take away from that.

mb0218
08-16-2003, 04:06 AM
The cases from CasesOnline look good, but don't expect to get the case in a timely fashion, particularly in the amount of time they claim. I ordered a case from them over two weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. Their confirmation e-mail said that it would shipped in 5 to 7 days. But here I am, still waiting for it the be shipped to me. I just hope that the case is nice enough to warrant this extended wait.

KiLLiN-TiMe
08-16-2003, 05:19 AM
The cases from CasesOnline look good, but don't expect to get the case in a timely fashion, particularly in the amount of time they claim. I ordered a case from them over two weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. Their confirmation e-mail said that it would shipped in 5 to 7 days. But here I am, still waiting for it the be shipped to me. I just hope that the case is nice enough to warrant this extended wait.
Thats strange. I ordered mine on Thursday the 7th and it showed up on Wednesday the 13th. Pretty timely if you ask me.
You might try to email them and check up on your order.

Radar On Paws
08-16-2003, 05:59 AM
Most of you might be into the leather type cases, but for those who want a holster type, the iHolster2200 for the 221x's is shipping (says pre-order on their site, but I got mine at the end of last week).

http://www.iproductsonline.net/catalog/iholster2200__pre-order__2435825.htm

I like it... it's not going to impress your CEO with its looks, and it's not going to keep your pda from getting wet in a downpour, but if you just need something that keeps your pda on your waist securely, with quick access when needed, it's gravy baby.

sracer
08-16-2003, 06:06 AM
Radar On Paws, that holster looks very interesting!

fixerdude
08-18-2003, 02:51 AM
I traded in my 3950 for a 2210 and I love my new ipaq. It's small & fast. No longer lugging a brick (old 3950+SS plus) around. Like many others, I was looking for a decent case to carry my new toy. The only thing that stopped me from clicking on the BUY button was the price. I've decided to re-use the included case and made it more functional by adding a belt clip. The only thing missing was a small pocket to keep the CF wifi card. Here are some pictures:

Materials used
http://ptconsult.homeip.net/ipaq_Pic2.jpg

Completed case
http://ptconsult.homeip.net/ipaq_Pic1.jpg

Cost me CDN$15. Parts bought in local (Calgary) Staples & Rona. The black arberite panel is free. You can find it in most hardware store. Just look for the free counter top samples. :mrgreen:

tntsniper
08-18-2003, 06:52 AM
Heres a review of the Krusell case and its not even out yet!! Looks like a great deal to me!

http://www.mobileslash.com/cms_view_article.php?aid=3

carphead
08-18-2003, 08:30 AM
I've had my krusellm case for almost a week. I purchased it because it is one is the few cases available to purchase direct in the UK with out having to pay stupid prices for shipping.

I ready own a couple is krusell phone cases and this case is as good a quality.

hamishmacdonald
08-18-2003, 10:44 AM
I dug out an old Nutshell case I had for my iPAQ 3850. The 2210 fits in there easily, and the case is very simple, unobtrusive, and flat.

Personally, I don't like the idea of leather bits wrapped around the device, so this lets me slip the naked iPAQ in and out of a holster on my belt easily.

http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/

Hamish MacDonald

spartanrob
08-19-2003, 01:00 AM
I just got my black vaja case, finally. It is awsome. Highly recommend.

rpommier
08-19-2003, 02:17 AM
Well I just got my shipment email from Data-Nation and my Krusell is on the way, can't wait!!

I'm back and forth so much on cases it's not even funny, guess it's one of the side benefits of PDA's. You get to waffle on cases after the purchase :mrgreen:

Christian
08-19-2003, 03:00 AM
I just got my black vaja case, finally. It is awsome. Highly recommend.

How do you feel about the increase in size for the Vaja case? Personally I have been waiting for HP to release a flip cover to make use of the holes in the back of the 221x, but I'm starting to give up...

spartanrob
08-19-2003, 03:31 AM
The vaja case is very slim, adds very little size to the 2210, it's slimmer than any other i've seen.

cychan
08-19-2003, 06:11 PM
For the screen protector, is it that I can get anyone as long as they are not smaller than the screen? Or is there one avaliable in particular for 2210? I am living in Canada, the most popular brand in here seems like "Fellow", is this one OK?

I am still using the one that come with the PDA!

Steven Cedrone
08-19-2003, 06:33 PM
I am still using the one that come with the PDA!

I tried that for a while too, but I got tired of looking at the "Please Install ActiveSync" that was written in it... :wink:

I bought WriteShields...

Steve

prowler
08-26-2003, 09:15 PM
I just got my 2215 Piel Frama case, bought on eBay for $51 shipped. It is really cool. Is very convenient on my belt with the included clip. Is pretty slim, PDA fits very snug. I haven't seen the Vaja, people say it is slimmer??

There is a definite issue accessing the stylus, very inconvenient. I have to literally pull out the pda a tad to reach for it. But I love the slim form factor of the case and the leather and workmanship.

Really happy with my purchase... :D

Steven Cedrone
08-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Just received my Vaja (without beltclip)...

What can I say, it's awesome!!! I still catch myself smelling it every time I pick it up... :wink:

Steve