View Full Version : Reset E-book

isilver
08-12-2003, 02:09 PM
I foolishly let my younger brother use my PPC when I had my Microsoft Reader open. It seems that he has pushed the book to the last page. Now everytime I open the book it goes to the end. Is there any way to reset this so it allows me to reset the last page that I read?

rhmorrison
08-12-2003, 02:17 PM
Simply DELETE the .ebo file for the book (i.e. same NAME, different EXTENSION).

SHoTTa35
08-12-2003, 02:25 PM
or simple click and hold the page number on the bottom then slide the stylus down. (don't know if that's the official way but it works for me) It'll bring up a slider that you can just jump pages... ranging from page 1 to the end of the book, slide the slider till you are at where you were and then click the X to close it (the lil box, not MS Reader), now when you close - open your book again you'll be right there where you left off.

You could also manually flip page after page till you find out where you were but that way is just longer :roll: :D

isilver
08-12-2003, 03:46 PM
I have deleted the .ebo file of the same name. It still goes to the last page of the e-book. Most books that I read has well over 2000 pages. That process of using the slider is useful but also very tedious

Willmonwah
08-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Are you using the furthest read button? I'd suggest using a book mark, seems to get the job done. When I start reading, I delete the previous bookmark, then make a new one when I stop. Then when you open the book, tap go to and the annotations.

Jorgen
08-13-2003, 09:49 AM
Has something changed in the latest versions or did you have two .ebo files and deleted the wrong one(the right one is in \My Docyments\annotations)? I opened a book, clicked on a link, exit'ed Reader, reopened to check: yes, it knew where I was. I then erased the .ebo file and both Furthest Read and Most Recent Page start at the front of the book.

I am using the Reader stored in PPC2002 ROM. Life is too short to deal with Microsoft upgrades. :)

Jorgen

isilver
08-13-2003, 08:54 PM
I actually deleted every EBO file I could find referring to every book that i have read. Still no luck.

When I open he books it's seems like it is new. It needs to index all the pages again. However it still contains my bookmarks which may be located in the file that I have to delete.

davidspalding
08-14-2003, 03:34 AM
Bookmarks, annotations, et al are stored in the .EBO file. Ensure you're not deleting it from the PPC, then restoring it from your desktop. ;) You said you deleted it, but when u open the ebook, it still jumps to the last page. Guess what? There must still be an .EBO file somewhere! Be aware that the desktop version of Reader stores the .EBO file in a separate place (or, it does on my my computer). ;)

If nothing else, use the clunky FIND function to find where you left off, and use the "most recent page" function rather than furthest read. Or ... does the later versions of Reader even offer that? (Ths is why I don't use Reader. I use Mobipocket's ebook reader instead.)