View Full Version : Installing PHM

gregski
08-12-2003, 05:06 AM
I have downloaded PHM and am trying to install it on my 1910. I have 11 different CAB files to choose from with no clear instructions as to which one. I have narrowed it down to one of the 4 that are labelled for the ARM processor. But now I have the following files....

regedit.Jup_ARM
regedit.Mrln_ARM
regedit.Stngr_ARM
regedit.Rpr_ARM

Which one do I install?

Thanks

WyattEarp
08-12-2003, 06:07 AM
You should use the regedit.Mrln_ARM cab file. That's the one that worked on my iPAQ.

Dave Beauvais
08-12-2003, 06:12 AM
There should be a Setup.exe file which will install the version appropriate for your device. That said, the one you want for your device is "regedit.Mrln_ARM.CAB."

--Dave

PhMajerus
08-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Just in case you want the complete information, I usually use the platform codename followed by the cpu type:
regedit.Jup_* : Handheld PC Pro (Jupiter), also work on H/PC 2000.
regedit.Mrln_* : Pocket PC 2002 (Merlin), works on other P/PC, but includes 256 colors icons.
regedit.Stngr_* : Smartphone 2002 (Stinger).
regedit.Rpr_* : Pocket PC 2000 (Rapier), works on other P/PC, but includes 16 colors icons.
regedit.Wyv_* : Palm-size PC 1.2 (Wyvern), also work on PsPC 1.0.
The MSI should have installed the correct one to the connected device and registered all of them with ActiveSync Application Manager, available from ActiveSync on the PC in Tools > Add/Remove Programs, the application manager also filters them to provide you with the correct one for the connected device.