View Full Version : Synch error

Iznot Gold
08-11-2003, 09:24 PM
I synch my IPAQ 3870 with both my home and work pc. Synchronisation at home is fine but at work I've got a problem. For the past few days the IPAQ connects fine to my work PC but then does not synch - I just get the Synch error message. I've tried deleating the partnership and make a new partnership...it then synchs fine. But next day....same problem I get synch error message. Deleating and reinstating a new partnership allows it to synch again. Any thoughts? Do I need to deleate everything PPC on work PC and start again?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks David

Steven Cedrone
08-11-2003, 09:55 PM
Usually, when I go back and forth between machines, a soft reset seems to give me the ability to sync again...

Steve

Iznot Gold
08-12-2003, 07:03 AM
Thanks Steve but unfortunatley softrest seems to have no effect.
I'm kind of used to the occassional connection prob but never experienced this before...connects ok but then synch error....hmmmm

David

Iznot Gold
10-22-2003, 08:25 AM
I have eventually resolved this issue...or rather systems admin have. You'll have to excuse me as I'm only a user...not systems admin type like some of you. But here's the answer as I understood it, in case any one else encounters the problem.:-
At work my profile had become corrupted...so that every time I was logging on the server generated a new profile for me. Hence, I could establish a new partnership...connect and synch but the next time logged on I had a new profile and so whilst Activstink could establish a connection it could not find the neccessary info in my profile from the last synch.
I hope that makes some sence to somebody out there!
Regards
David