View Full Version : Time for a hard reset-- AGAIN?

gai-jin
08-11-2003, 07:36 AM
I've only had my h5455 for about a month, and in the course of the last month I feel as though I've had to set the device back up on almost a weekly basis.

Now, part of the problem was me upgrading to the less than legal 2003, which accounts for 1 reset. Another time it was a bad pixel, which got the unit replaced w/in the return period, but not until after the pixel annoyed me for several days, so I had the unit setup already. Another time it was because I didn't see the new rom image was out, until after I'd used the thing several days when I first got it.

This time, it's locked up. I did a soft reset, and I get the HP screen, then just a blank white screen. It does this, intermittently, for a brief moment before the Fingerprint screen comes up. But this time I've left it sit there for 15 minutes, did a couple more soft resets, to no avail. So, looks like its time to soft reset it again.

Certainly it seems, after thinking about it, that this is the first hard reset I've had to do for something of this nature (Though I could swear there was one other time...) but still... having had the unit for less than a month, should I even be needing to do a hard reset once this soon?

Gai-jin

SHoTTa35
08-11-2003, 02:34 PM
well that's abuse if you ask me and when you doing stuff like that then hell yeah. It's prone to mess up and not doing it the legal way :D Maybe you got a bad version of the upgrade too or from shady people..

either way, illegal stuff can't be dicussed here.

gai-jin
08-11-2003, 04:04 PM
Since I didn't get the rom straight from the source, that's altogether possible. However, it seems to be a fully functional version of wm2003. And, I've already covered the legal v. moral issue here.

Seriously though, how often does the average user have to hard reset his/her PPC device?

Gai-jin

Willmonwah
08-11-2003, 04:34 PM
I've done it twice, one on each device... I actually hard reseted each time after I had a rom/software update of some sort. Otherwise, soft-resets should be good enough.. I soft reset about twice a day..

Pony99CA
08-11-2003, 07:26 PM
Seriously though, how often does the average user have to hard reset his/her PPC device?
You could always check the hard reset poll (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12407). ;-)

Steve