View Full Version : playin music over bluetooth.

Bichcake
08-10-2003, 10:55 PM
how do I stream music from my desktop to my 2210? is there a simple way, like just sharing my music dir? it's not like i have real network access because i can't get to my shared folders from file explorer.

i could try to set up some sort of shoutcast thing. but i want access to all the media on my desktop

if i DID have network access, if i tried to play a movie or song will it send the whole file at once, or would it stream it?
it would be cool if i could get access to my dvd drive and watch a movie directly.

SHoTTa35
08-11-2003, 12:10 AM
lol... dvd drive to IPAQ over bluetooth? you wish! The BT stream is 721Kbps not MBps DVDs stream at about 2MB/s so no way in hell you can do that. however you should be able to stream MP3s, (no not divx) or maybe a low quality MPG movie since MPEG is designed for streaming.

JonnoB
08-11-2003, 12:47 AM
Bluetooth is too slow for broadband streaming, but you should be able to pair with your desktop for network access (don't go through Activesync) and then browse files that are shared. You can use a tool like NetUse to map a network share onto your Pocket PC to play music.

Bichcake
08-11-2003, 05:45 AM
yeah yeah i forgot about the bandwidth.

how do i use netuse? i don't know what my domain is, so should i put my workgroup name? what's the syntax for sharing a whole drive(i.e. how do i type it so the program recoginizes it)?

i'm good with computers but now the cutting edge is networking and i'm the kinda person who learn as he does things. i don't do networking much so when i foray into it i'm slaped around with all this new terminology. And i know what the acronims stand for but that doesn't help really.

that's what made bluetooth hard. for a "cable reaplacement" you shouldn't have to deal with the particulars of networking. it should just work!

anyway, netuse?

JonnoB
08-11-2003, 06:39 AM
If not on a domain connected network, use your workgroup name. You should be able to connect to the share by selecting: \\computer\shared_resource

tmoth
08-12-2003, 02:55 AM
Resco File Explorer also has network mapping abilities. That is what I use and it works well...