View Full Version : Why PPCT does not email me when there are new posts?

Prevost
08-10-2003, 10:07 PM
I stated my email when signed in, so I don't understand what happens. I just cannot give proper track of those threads I go in since I forget which one I did...help please.

Kati Compton
08-10-2003, 10:48 PM
You need to specifically select to "Watch this topic for replies", which is in the lower left of the page, or in your account preferences indicate that you want it to tell you about replies to threads you posted in by default.

Prevost
08-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Both are always selected... :roll: but for no results...

Kati Compton
08-10-2003, 11:18 PM
I have sent you an email using the address in your profile. Let me know whether or not you get it. Just checking that your email was entered correctly.

carphead
08-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Try changing your registered email address you should see a confirmation back then two changing it back. Also so you use spam assassin? Down some reason emails from forum always have a high S A count for me.

Prevost
08-11-2003, 02:26 AM
I have sent you an email using the address in your profile. Let me know whether or not you get it. Just checking that your email was entered correctly.Yes, I got it fine.

Prevost
08-11-2003, 02:27 AM
. Also so you use spam assassin? Down some reason emails from forum always have a high S A count for me.No, I don't even know what spam assassin is... :roll:

Janak Parekh
08-11-2003, 02:34 AM
Have you ever gotten one? Note that you only get one message per thread until you revisit that thread.

carphead: We used to get higher SA scores for watched threads, until I put the "Pocket PC Thoughts Team" as part of the From: field. It shouldn't be too high now, although we do trip certain checks (and it's not easy to rectify them).

--janak

Prevost
08-11-2003, 02:55 AM
No Janak, the only message I got was the confirmation issued when I signed in.

I already took away a custom filter that was killing all inbound mail with "sofarsowrong" string in the subject field. you know better if the email is included in the subject, if it is so probably I will be all set.

carphead
08-11-2003, 08:18 AM
carphead: We used to get higher SA scores for watched threads, until I put the "Pocket PC Thoughts Team" as part of the From: field. It shouldn't be too high now, although we do trip certain checks (and it's not easy to rectify them).

I'll remove the domain from my whitelist and see what happens.

Regards,
Daniel

Janak Parekh
08-11-2003, 03:40 PM
I already took away a custom filter that was killing all inbound mail with "sofarsowrong" string in the subject field. you know better if the email is included in the subject, if it is so probably I will be all set.
Confusing. :| If you send me a PM with your real email address, I'll look it up in the logs and see if the emails are being generated.

--janak