View Full Version : Subscriber Frequently Asked Questions

Jason Dunn
08-25-2003, 02:00 PM
Have some questions about the Pocket PC Thoughts subscription system? Here are some of the most common Q&amp;A's I've seen so far. If you'd like to ask a question that should be added to the FAQ, please ask - I'll then delete your post and post the Q&amp;A in the FAQ. Regarding the credit card processing for subscriber services, we should have them live later today. Get your plastic ready! :D <!><br /><br /><b><span>PayPal Q&amp;A</span></b><br /><br /><b>Q: I just signed up for a subscription plan, but PayPal charged me $0.00 (zero) dollars. Why didn't it charge me the correct amount?</b><br />A: Because all accounts have the free trial, no one is billed until the free trial is over. This gives you a chance to experience all the services, and not have to pay anything up front. This also gives you the ability to upgrade your subscription level if you want, or (heaven forbid! 8O) cancel it.<br /><br /><b>Q: I just signed up through PayPal, and I don't have the subscriber benefits - what's going on?</b><br />A: You should have full subscriber benefits during your trial period even before you pay. If you don't, please use the <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/contact.php">contact form</a> to send me a message. Be sure to include a valid return email address and your username.<br /><br /><b>Q: I can't, or don't want to, use PayPal. Is there another way to subscribe?</b><br />A: Certainly! If you'd prefer not to use PayPal (or can't), you can subscribe by using a credit card, sending a personal cheque, or with an international money order. Please click on the appropriate button on the <A HREF="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/subscribe.php">subscriber <br />page</A>.<br /><br /><b>Q: How can I tell if my PayPal subscription is set to auto-renew every year?</b><br />A: As far as I can tell, there's no way to tell this through PayPal, unfortunately. Before your subscription renews, however, you'll be emailed a reminder notice. This will give you plenty of time to either cancel the renewal from occurring (ouch!) or let it renew again (hooray!). Your other option is to cancel the auto-renewal and just manually subscribe again.<br /><br /><b>Q: How do I stop a PayPal subscription from auto-renewing?</b><br />A: 1) Log into PayPal<br />2) Click on the HISTORY tab<br />3) SHOW > SUBSCRIPTIONS<br />4) This setting will show any active subscriptions that you have. You should see the Pocket PC Thoughts subscription and once you go into the details view, you should be able to cancel it. <br /><br />This will have no impact on your Pocket PC Thoughts subscription on our server - it will continue until the expiration period. Even if we were to cancel your subscription on the server, that change isn't mirrored on PayPal - only you have the ability to cancel the subscription. <br /><br /><b>Q: Who or what is Thoughts Media Inc.?</b><br />A: <a href="http://www.thoughtsmedia.com">Thoughts Media Inc.</a> is the parent company of Pocket PC Thoughts, and based in Canada.<br /><br /><b><span>Other Payment Questions</span></b><br /><br /><b>Q: I'm a fellow Canadian - what, isn't my money good enough for you?</b><br />A: Of course it is. :-) If you're in Canada and want to subscribe, the amounts are $35 CDN for PPCT Lite, $50 CND for PPCT Full, and $170 CND for the lifetime deluxe subscription. Yes, that's not exact conversion - I don't want to recalculate the numbers every time there's a slight currency change.<br /><br /><b>Q: Are you planning some kind of an upgrade policy for the subscription services? Let say one has signed for the Mobile Lite service and wants to go Lifetime, how would that work?</b><br />A: If you're still within your trial period, you can go into your preferences (look in the upper right-hand corner of the screen) and upgrade your account to the next level. If you've already paid for your subscription and you have a PayPal account, you can pay the difference. Please <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/contact.php">contact me</a> for instructions on how to do this.<br /><br /><b><span>Subscriber Benefits</span></b><br /><br /><b>Q: With the Vaja coupons, can I combine them with other coupons or offers?</b><br />A: Vaja's online system has the ability to accept one coupon per order, so multiple coupons cannot be stacked onto the same order. However, the coupon we will give you is just like cash, so you can apply it to other promotions and sales that Vaja is having.<br /><br /><b>Q: Why didn't I get my free PDAMill application immediately after submitting the form?</b><br />A: This form is processed manually, so you should expect to see the code 24-72 hours after submitting. If it takes longer than five days, please feel free to email us to check on the status.<br /><br /><b>Q: I don't have a wireless device. Is there still a benefit to me if I subscribe?</b><br /><br />A: You bet! Even if you're not going to be using the mobile forums, subscribing gives you access free software, many discount coupons, and the forum badge that you can wear with pride. And you can go to sleep at night knowing that you're helping to support a site that you enjoy using! :D <br /><br /><b>Q: I don't want to receive email notifications of new posts on the site. How do I turn it off?</b><br /><br />A: 1) Go to <a href="www.pocketpcthoughts.com">www.pocketpcthoughts.com</a><br />2) Make sure you are logged in, then click on the CUSTOMIZE link on the right-hand column<br />3) On the Customize menu on the left side, click on Email features<br />4) Under the EMAIL BLAST section, turn it off. If you don't want to receive the weekly newsletter, you should change that setting under your phpBB Preferences, which is found in the upper-right corner on the home page.