View Full Version : Mobile Inbox...

Excalliber
08-10-2003, 04:37 AM
I feel like such an idiot, because this funcionatliy takes up an entire button on the PDA, but I can't get it to work. :oops:

I just want to view the messages that show up in Outlook on my PPC and have the things i do sync when i drop it in the cradle (duh). No matter what I tryed, nothing worked. When I installed Outlook, it set up some generic inbox which i couldn't configure to work with Hotmail. So I made a new account, and everything goes smoothly. I install ActiveSync, and set it to sync the inbox. Nothing comes up. I suspected it had something to do with it trying to sync with the empty generic inbox. I go back to delete it so only the working one (labled "Hotmail", btw) is there, but it's not on the configure/delete list. I tryed going through all the settings to make "Hotmail" the default account, but i couldn't find it or it's not there (more likely i didn't find it).

I now know that it's not the default, because on the Outlook today tab says i have 0 messages when i get roughly 70 a day (yes, mostly :spam: ). Help? Suggestions?

Yes, i tryed searching... Probably missed it though. :roll:

SHoTTa35
08-10-2003, 10:43 AM
click customizing outlook on the outlook today page (bottom right) then map it to your hotmail folder instead of the local PST file it defaulted to. As to get it to sync... Is Outlook your default email? it's 5am, can't think... revise this later..

Excalliber
08-10-2003, 08:56 PM
All it lets me choose is Outlook Express or other... :roll: I did change Hotmail to the default, but the problem persists.

pschultz
08-11-2003, 03:35 AM
Can you sync you Pocket PC with Hotmail? I didn't think that you could.

Excalliber
08-11-2003, 04:17 AM
Well, Outlook has my Hotmail account, so why can't I just copy the messages from it? Don't tell me there is no way to do this... :roll: