View Full Version : 1940 USB speed and question about Emulators

marconelly
08-09-2003, 05:00 AM
I've got to use 1940 for the first time today and I was absolutely impressed. I didn't really noticed any screen yellowing but I was looking at it only under the daylight in the store (or maybe it's fixed in the new batch?)

It looks like perfect little PPC for me but I'd like to know if it utilizes the same high speed USB transfer as Ipaq 2210? I remember reading about that nice feature in 2210, and I'm hoping 1940 has it too.

I'd also like to know how some of the more popular emulators work on 1940. For example, MAMECE3, Pocket C64, and also those nice one-game emulators like Pacman, Ms Pacman, 1942 and Dig Dug offered by Microsoft in the Arcade Pack. Is it possible to run SNES or Genesis games at playable speed? How does Pocket SCUMM work?

Another question would be about bluetooth. What do I need on the PC side to be able to access files on PC hard drive from 1940? Can I stream MP3 files from PC or do I have to copy them over first?

One more thing - where can I find 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone adapter for cheap :P ?

pschultz
08-09-2003, 07:04 AM
Doesn't the 1940 come with a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter? I thought it did. If not, check PPCTechs.

caywen
08-09-2003, 07:35 AM
You can get a 3.5->2.5 adapter for $2 at either Fry's Electronics or Radio Shack. It seems to work just fine.

For bluetooth, buy the Belkin bluetooth adapter and install their full driver set. You can then browse your files on your PC. I use it to download WMA's from my PC on demand and play them in WMP 9.

You're absolutely right, the 1940 is *the* perfect PPC at the moment mainly because it's the smallest, has a great screen, has a record button that doesn't depress by accident, has the perfect d-pad, is really fast, etc. etc. etc.